Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Alfa swept the top 3 places in this regularity rally. I was fortunate to be in Sirmione Italy for the first day of the 1000 Miglia and observed all 450 cars pass by my hotel! I'll post some pics when I get a chance. There were many Giulia's and Stelvio's used as support vehicles for the vintage racers, and the town was filled with many classic and exotic cars from all over Europe. Quite a party!

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What a lucky and happy coincidence. I am sure you enjoyed it.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Here's a funny story. My company (in the USA) has just recently acquired an Italian company and I had the privilege of being able to visit the facility a couple of weeks ago. Imagine my surprise, while walking near the center of Brescia (where our new company is based), when I came upon a sign on the side of a building with just this on it "1000 MIGLIA". My colleague from Brescia went on to tell me that this famous race starts and ends in Brescia every year. He also explained that my
pronunciation of MIGLIA was far from correct! I'm now trying to figure out how to plan a "business trip" to Brescia that aligns with next years race in May :D

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
542 Posts
My 76 Alfetta GTV had a Mille Miglia spoiler package on it. It was so beautiful, that a friend who had a GTV6 and worked in fiberglass, was always trying to get me to let him remove and mold them. It was a shame that the terrible Yugoslavian metal was weaker than the those fiberglass panels. A picture is below and was in her usual state.... up on the jacks.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts