Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and new to Alfa. Unfortunately I wish I wasn't writing this. Picked up a QV about 2 weeks ago. Misano Blue with yellow calipers and green/white stitching. Outrageous and gorgeous.

Drove it home, no issues. Next day visited my father and we took it for a drive. As soon as we started going, he noticed water dripping on his foot. It was a holiday weekend so I said I would contact the dealer when they opened in the week. Put a towel down to try to protect the carpet. Checked the towel all weekend and it was wet every time I drove it for any length of time. Contacted dealer and they said bring it in and they would give me a loaner.

Fast forward to the end of the week, no answers. Had to call daily for updates and they basically stated they couldn't duplicate the issue. So I provided them a detailed process of how I operate the AC as I believed it was AC related, condensation dipping. After they got the email I found out the tech was being told it was a rain problem and nothing about the AC. They found that the line was not releasing the condensation out of the car. They checked another QV on the lot and it was fine.

Second week has now gone by, they have no clue how to fix it, no clue how long it will take. I am beyond livid that a rubber hose cannot seem to be fixed. On top of that, I have to constantly call for updates. I have no clue what to do anymore. Can't get a straight answer about what they are doing to the car other than taking our parts of the interior. Service manager even said they may have to take out engine or transmission. Are they serious? For a rubber drain hose? I am just at the end of my rope.

Only had the car for 4 days and had to give it up with what seems like no hope of getting it back. Also, based on what little I am being told, don't really want it back because a totally disassembled car will never be the same as a car from the factory. I love the car but feel like I made a huge mistake. Not sure if anyone has had issues with condensation lines but any advice would be appreciated. :crying:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update......

Got the car back early last week. The issue was figured out late the week before. They didn't have to go to extreme lengths as they previously stated, which was a relief. They did have to remove the dash and the entire evaporator blower assembly. They thought it was an issue with a grommet in the evaporator box. However, on reassembly, it was found that the box/line connections did not fit properly. They contacted some "special level" in Alfa that only gets contacted in extreme cases. That individual stated that they new a handful of cars that had this issue and provided the dealer with the modification instructions to correct the issue.

Been running it for the last week and no issues to report. She still runs like a dream. All the doubt I had before just disappeared. The dealer also went to bat for me with Alfa for some goodwill based on the inconvenience this caused. :D

If anyone runs into this issue in the future, hopefully this will help reduce how long it takes to get it resolved. Alfa definitely knows about the issues and has a field fix for the dealers.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Glad to hear it was resolved to your satisfaction. I know we all get emotional about situations beyond our control, but sometimes it pays to just relax and let solutions run their course. It's only an automobile we're talking about...not life and death.

Reactions: kc07zrv

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my first new car ever, and having had Alfa's for about 18 years the new Giulia seemed an excellent choice. A 2017 diesel Giulia. I too have had the water issue and gone through a £330 pound repair that did nothing supposedly due to leaves collecting under the bonnet where I park. 37 years of parking there; quite a number of cars including 3 other Alfas with no trouble of this sort; two ruined pairs of shoes and carpets all needing replacing. After the first expensive non-warranty repair I contacted Alfa and they too advised a different repair but on a request to refund the useless repair NO was the answer. I was not asked to pay for the second one. It has very much reduced my confidence in Alfa and the dealers - any other people with this major fault?

·
Registered
13 Posts
New to the forum and new to Alfa. Unfortunately I wish I wasn't writing this. Picked up a QV about 2 weeks ago. Misano Blue with yellow calipers and green/white stitching. Outrageous and gorgeous.

Drove it home, no issues. Next day visited my father and we took it for a drive. As soon as we started going, he noticed water dripping on his foot. It was a holiday weekend so I said I would contact the dealer when they opened in the week. Put a towel down to try to protect the carpet. Checked the towel all weekend and it was wet every time I drove it for any length of time. Contacted dealer and they said bring it in and they would give me a loaner.

Fast forward to the end of the week, no answers. Had to call daily for updates and they basically stated they couldn't duplicate the issue. So I provided them a detailed process of how I operate the AC as I believed it was AC related, condensation dipping. After they got the email I found out the tech was being told it was a rain problem and nothing about the AC. They found that the line was not releasing the condensation out of the car. They checked another QV on the lot and it was fine.

Second week has now gone by, they have no clue how to fix it, no clue how long it will take. I am beyond livid that a rubber hose cannot seem to be fixed. On top of that, I have to constantly call for updates. I have no clue what to do anymore. Can't get a straight answer about what they are doing to the car other than taking our parts of the interior. Service manager even said they may have to take out engine or transmission. Are they serious? For a rubber drain hose? I am just at the end of my rope.

Only had the car for 4 days and had to give it up with what seems like no hope of getting it back. Also, based on what little I am being told, don't really want it back because a totally disassembled car will never be the same as a car from the factory. I love the car but feel like I made a huge mistake. Not sure if anyone has had issues with condensation lines but any advice would be appreciated. :crying:
bro dont cry, its the actuator that opens and closes the flap on your HVAC...just make sure you run the car on Manual 'M' when you have the HVAC on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts