Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weird... now all of a sudden the trunk lock/unlock button for the doors works only sometimes. Then also was standing right by door and they didn’t unlock - I had to use the fab. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Weird... now all of a sudden the trunk lock/unlock button for the doors works only sometimes. Then also was standing right by door and they didn’t unlock - I had to use the fab. Any suggestions?
it may be as simple as a low FOB battery or as complicated as an antenna problem with the perimeter entry ..you dont have anything new on your keyring do you? a lot of things can interfere with the signals....To start, I would replace the FOB battery then if it persists I would take it in and get a more complete diagnosis

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a 2018 Giulia Ti. Drive her every day 60 to 100 miles on the interstate. I checked the battery a few days ago and it was at 70%. Factory battery and more than likely original. Point is your battery could be going out and you'd never know it until the gremlins start popping up making you chase your tail. If your battery is the factory original, change it. From everything I've read that solves 95% of issues. I'm changing mine tomorrow.

·
Registered
351 Posts
If you're not getting the usual cel/stop/start unavailability messages, then I reckon it's the fob battery on it's way out.

If I recall, I did get a warning on the dash. Told me the car couldn't recognise the key I think. Replaced fob battery and all was well again.

If you're 18 does have the original car and fob battery, they are both likely to go any time soon...

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you're not getting the usual cel/stop/start unavailability messages, then I reckon it's the fob battery on it's way out.

If I recall, I did get a warning on the dash. Told me the car couldn't recognise the key I think. Replaced fob battery and all was well again.

If you're 18 does have the original car and fob battery, they are both likely to go any time soon...
Yup. I got the same message when my fob battery was going tits up.

·
Registered
451 Posts
My guess is the fob battery.
Not sure if it's the fob battery, as OP said he needed to use the fob to unlock the door.

What I have noticed is that if the fob is somewhat shielded from the door handle (e.g. sitting in my pocket behind my phone) sometimes it would take a couple pulls before unlocking.

Or if the fob is in my pocket but I'm not standing literally next to the door handle, and I am extending my arm to reach it, it doesn't always work neither.

Or if I am touching both the unlock switch (inside part of the door handle facing the door) and the lock button (protrusion on the fixed back end of the handle), it doesn't always unlock.

Of course, it could also be the car battery as others have suggested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts