Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I made the decision/leap and bought a Giulia. We're anxiously awaiting delivery on a 2018 Giulia "Sport" which in hindsight has me a little confused. I assume a Giulia Sport is indicative of a base model with the sport packages, both interior and exterior. I cannot find any info anywhere that tells me what is included in the Sport package and the Sport Interior package. I'm hoping someone can help shed some light?

It's definitely not listed as a TI. I bought it from Vroom and can share the listing if that helps anyone out. We're super excited and probably seems dumb to be asking these questions after the fact, but I'm just trying to sort out which features we should and should not expect.

Thanks for any help/guidance! If there's a pamphlet or something that breaks out the different package options by model, that would work too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here is what is on my 2018 Sport, I have the performance package, but I excluded that for you.
19 inch dark 5 hole wheels
Performance tires - may be different as your car is used
Sport Front and Rear Facias
Gloss Black Window Surrounds
I have the red calipers
Sport Leather seats - super comfortable compare to the base seats
Power seat Bolster
Manual Thigh Support
Sport Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
Steering Wheel Mounted Shifters - only way I drive is in manual mode
Bright Aluminum Pedals
I hope this helps. In my mind the Sport is so much better than the base. I have drive them both.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is what is on my 2018 Sport, I have the performance package, but I excluded that for you.
19 inch dark 5 hole wheels
Performance tires - may be different as your car is used
Sport Front and Rear Facias
Gloss Black Window Surrounds
I have the red calipers
Sport Leather seats - super comfortable compare to the base seats
Power seat Bolster
Manual Thigh Support
Sport Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
Steering Wheel Mounted Shifters - only way I drive is in manual mode
Bright Aluminum Pedals
I hope this helps. In my mind the Sport is so much better than the base. I have drive them both.
Does the infotainment screen get bumped up to the 8.8" or do we get the standard 6"?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have that but it is a seperate upgrade not part of the Sport package. I failed to mention I have the Sport TI with the Performance Package. If you want any interior pictures PM me and I cna send them over.

·
Registered
2020 Giulia TI
269 Posts
Sounds like OP has a base Giulia with sport interior. Doesn't have the bolstered seats and should have 18" wheels unless optional 19's were added.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,832 Posts
Sport and Ti Sport are not the same. You won't have paddle shifters or active suspension.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sport and Ti Sport are not the same. You won't have paddle shifters or active suspension.
Hmm. Mine definitely has paddle shifters. Not sure how to tell if it has active suspension or not, but it's not listed anywhere so I'll assume I don't have it. Am I going to be sorely disappointed without it? I haven't owned a sports sedan in a very long time, so I'm going to assume even the base suspension will perform better than what I'm accustomed to.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Hmm. Mine definitely has paddle shifters. Not sure how to tell if it has active suspension or not, but it's not listed anywhere so I'll assume I don't have it. Am I going to be sorely disappointed without it? I haven't owned a sports sedan in a very long time, so I'm going to assume even the base suspension will perform better than what I'm accustomed to.
Hmmm, I may have been wrong about the paddle shifters. The active suspension is easy to confirm. Is there a button with a shock absorber symbol in the center of your DNA selector?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm, I may have been wrong about the paddle shifters. The active suspension is easy to confirm. Is there a button with a shock absorber symbol in the center of your DNA selector?
Don't have the car yet, it's being delivered, but does not appear so from the image.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
There's also a light in the cluster that illuminates when the button is pressed.

I miss the cupholder cover.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have a 2018 Giulia Ti Sport but I don't have the adjustable suspension, which based on your window sticker isn't included on your car either. I personally never missed the adjustable suspension. Some of the reviews back in the day wrote that the adjustable sport suspension is a little bit on the firm side and the soft setting is a little too soft, while the non-adjustable sport suspension is just right. I never drove an adjustable version so I don't know if it is true, but I am perfectly happy with my non-adjustable suspension.

I have compared your sticker against my Ti Sport sticker and these are some of the differences I was able to find:
Standard Equipment:
Ti Sport: Front / Rear Park Assist Sensors - Regular Sport: Rear only
Ti Sport: Heated Washer Nozzles - Regular Sport: it is part of your optional package

Interior Features:
Ti Sport: 8.8 inch infotainment standard - Regular Sport: it is part of your optional package
Ti Sport: Heated Front Seat/Heated Steering Wheel - it is part of your optional package

Ti Sport Optional Equipment:
19–Inch X 8–Inch Dark 5–Hole Aluminum Wheels - Regular Sport: 18–Inch x 8.0–Inch Sport Aluminum Wheels
Sport Leather Seats with Power Adjustable Bolsters and Manual Adjustable Thigh Support- Regular Sport: standard seats

·
Registered
55 Posts
The active suspension is only available with the performance package for MY 2018 Giulias. Not sure about the QV as I do not have one of those.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Active suspension is standard on QV's. I try to leave mine in Soft all of the time.

My previous 2017 Giulia Ti with sport package didn't have Active suspension, and it was just fine. Handled the twisty roads north of San Francisco with ample comfort and athleticism. For day-to-day driving, I actually prefer the Ti's non-adaptive suspensions over my 2018 QV's adaptive setup.

Cmd111183 - I think the 2 primary differences between your car (beautiful Misano blue btw!!) and Ti trims with the Ti Sport package (different from the base sport package) for the 17 and 18 model years are the wheels, and the seats.
  • Ti Sport seats have the ribbing, and adjustable side bolsters. Also a manually-adjusted fold out to extend the thigh support.
  • Ti Sport package comes with the 19 inch 5-hole design, identical to the QV. Non-Ti Sport features a different style of 18-inch 5 holes, with much thicker spokes than the 19-inch 5 holes.
On the plus side, looks like yours doesn't have a sunroof. You get more of that mesmerizing blue paint, and no worries about the sunroof blowing up 😃 That was an issue with with some model-year 2017 Ti's, and I ended up never opening my sunroof in the 2 years I had the Ti.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Active suspension is standard on QV's. I try to leave mine in Soft all of the time.

My previous 2017 Giulia Ti with sport package didn't have Active suspension, and it was just fine. Handled the twisty roads north of San Francisco with ample comfort and athleticism. For day-to-day driving, I actually prefer the Ti's non-adaptive suspensions over my 2018 QV's adaptive setup.

Cmd111183 - I think the 2 primary differences between your car (beautiful Misano blue btw!!) and Ti trims with the Ti Sport package (different from the base sport package) for the 17 and 18 model years are the wheels, and the seats.
  • Ti Sport seats have the ribbing, and adjustable side bolsters. Also a manually-adjusted fold out to extend the thigh support.
  • Ti Sport package comes with the 19 inch 5-hole design, identical to the QV. Non-Ti Sport features a different style of 18-inch 5 holes, with much thicker spokes than the 19-inch 5 holes.
On the plus side, looks like yours doesn't have a sunroof. You get more of that mesmerizing blue paint, and no worries about the sunroof blowing up 😃 That was an issue with with some model-year 2017 Ti's, and I ended up never opening my sunroof in the 2 years I had the Ti.
Not sure how I feel about the lack of sunroof, although I haven't opened the sunroof once in my Telluride, so maybe I won't miss it. I think I actually liked the non-sport seats better as a bigger guy. The wheels are a let down for sure. I wanted the 5-hole wheels badly, but the wife let me get this car and the other car we were looking at with the 5-hole wheels was $2k more. Made the fiscally responsible decision since she let me buy a beauty of a ride.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts