Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New guy here. I was told that 17 ordering has come to an end and the 18s will begin ordering in June. Is this right? If so, any idea on when in June ordering will begin?

Waiting till next month + 10weeks or so for the car to deliver seems so far away...

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
There is a rumor of LED headlights.
Euro spec cars have a fog light option.
I can only hope that a manual transfer lock will become available.
Pneumatic springs would be nice, but I am not going to hold my breath for that one. It is not trivial to do "right".

Maybe a decent front license plate holder?

Whatever happened to the rumors of a 350HP version of the 2.0T engine?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Any chatter about a coupe?

·
Registered
242 Posts
There is a rumor of LED headlights.
Euro spec cars have a fog light option.
I can only hope that a manual transfer lock will become available.
Pneumatic springs would be nice, but I am not going to hold my breath for that one. It is not trivial to do "right".

Maybe a decent front license plate holder?

Whatever happened to the rumors of a 350HP version of the 2.0T engine?

One poster said LED headlight would be delayed availability for 2018
Fog lights are only options for models without Xenons, so no don't expect to see them in US
The US version of the Veloce model should come in 2018 with an electric Turbo and 350 HP (and AWD only)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Im hearing next month for MY18 ordering and approximately 4/5 month delivery. Not sure how accurate that is...
Please tell me its not true. I am about to go order my Ti (day after tomorrow). So I hope the 17s are still available.:surprise:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Every month of delay is another payment against my home equity loan. I'm OK with the delays until the 10 month mark ;) And a coupe better not show up at month 11 either!

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
One poster said LED headlight would be delayed availability for 2018
Fog lights are only options for models without Xenons, so no don't expect to see them in US
The US version of the Veloce model should come in 2018 with an electric Turbo and 350 HP (and AWD only)
The rumor I heard was that LED headlights would come soon, electric "turbo" (more properly electric supercharger) would come much later.

I vaguely recall seeing a movie on TV in the early 1970s that starred an Alfa Romeo of some kind with a manually controlled electric supercharger installed. Flip a switch on the dashboard and the well mannered car was transformed into a beast. The movie is set in Europe. I thought the title was "The Driver" but I can't find such a movie online.

If Audi's claim that an electric supercharger will improve fuel economy by 10% is any good, I may have to wait and see...

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
My advice is to forget about ordering a car. Just buy whatever is in stock somewhere that is nearest to what you want. I am three months into this process with no end in site.
That's what I ended up doing. After being frustrated at the order-to-delivery timing and searching inventories endlessly, a car arrived at the dealer that ticked all my boxes, and more. I didn't get exactly what I wanted. Maybe I got what I needed instead. Happy.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My advice is to forget about ordering a car. Just buy whatever is in stock somewhere that is nearest to what you want. I am three months into this process with no end in site.
I did this as well. I thought I was going to be patient, but I didn't want to wait until August/Sept for a delivery (order placed April 17th though with NO deposit since it was a "generic" build) and not enjoy the car for the summer. So I found one in a nearby state and pulled the trigger ("free" enclosed delivery too......if "free" means you pay List Rate....lol)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Im hearing next month for MY18 ordering and approximately 4/5 month delivery. Not sure how accurate that is...
David at Central Alfa here just said about 4 months, maybe sooner. I asked him to clarify about Quads.

Reactions: 407Guy

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Giulia MY2018 launch is scheduled for 24 June, Alfa Romeo anniversary, ALFA "Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili" founded on 24 June 1910.
Grazie Rosso!

Any info. on possible price increases?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Giulia MY2018 launch is scheduled for 24 June, Alfa Romeo anniversary, ALFA "Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili" founded on 24 June 1910.
This will never happen. They will be out of business before then. The cost of renting space to store ordered, but undelivered cars will force them into bankruptcy by the end of May.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
This will never happen. They will be out of business before then. The cost of renting space to store ordered, but undelivered cars will force them into bankruptcy by the end of May.
That is a pretty pessimistic view...... but..... to each it's own......

1 - 20 of 173 Posts