Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to obtain the paint code for my car. on the door panel I see 756, but on the chipex website they have two options for 756/A, and PBX. I called the local dealer and they said PBX. But I think they are the same, PBX is the sales code and 756 is some other code but it's the same thing. Am I right?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yes, it's the same thing. The color code is 756, PBX is the NA option code used when specifying that color (5DS is the option code used in the rest of the world).

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is interesting. I actually was able to get the Mopar touch-up paint pen from my dealer but when I opened it I thought that there is no way it can be for the Misano Blue. I dabbed it on a rag first and it seems so much darker. I can confirm the pen says PBX on the sticker though. I haven't used it yet because I thought it might be wrong. Will the color get lighter after applying it to a chip?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is interesting. I actually was able to get the Mopar touch-up paint pen from my dealer but when I opened it I thought that there is no way it can be for the Misano Blue. I dabbed it on a rag first and it seems so much darker. I can confirm the pen says PBX on the sticker though. I haven't used it yet because I thought it might be wrong. Will the color get lighter after applying it to a chip?
I'm not sure but I'm going to give it a shot with the chipex. They say 100% color match guarantee and it comes with blending solution. I used a touch up regular pen on my previous Hyundai and it matched well although it was black and probably not tristage coat

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm not sure but I'm going to give it a shot with the chipex. They say 100% color match guarantee and it comes with blending solution. I used a touch up regular pen on my previous Hyundai and it matched well although it was black and probably not tristage coat
how did this application go?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Must be a new color for 2018, unfortunately it is not on the printout list given by the parts guy at my local dealer, Copyright 2017, dated November 2017.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Been pushing my dealer since September for touch up paint. They say it doesn't exist. I am considering seeing if a nearby Dodge dealer has the Mopar blue equivalent. I really just want a pen/brush like I had for my Acura. I have a very small nick and don't want to deal with mixing to match. Don't understand why Alfa is dragging their feet. Color has been out for more than a year now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts