Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up my 2018 Giulia Ti next week....somewhere in some thread I saw a list of things that should be checked by the dealer. For the life of me, I can't find the list....

Would you all help me out?

I know one of the items was tire pressure.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Yes, tire pressure.

Mostly just software updates. Somehow try and get 'proof' as to if they're done ... easier said than done probably, for me at least

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
When I worked at the dealerships, we called it PDI, Pre Delivery Inspections.
It is actually a somewhat extensive service operation.
To begin, strip all the protective coverings from the interior and exterior and inspect for any imperfections.
Check all fluid levels, tire pressures, torque lug nuts-bolts, operations of all features like AC, heat, windows. seats, infotainment, etc.
Newer cars are shipped in "shipping mode" and have to have certain electronics turned on. Sometimes fuses have to be inserted, etc.
Dealer-installed options are attached.
Road test, issue state inspection certificates, etc.
Then, off to the clean-up bay.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
AMMO NYC has a pre-purchase inspection checklist that I always reference.

https://www.ammonyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/301-03_DC_201_StepbyStep_R1B.pdf
This obviously is a p-p insp list geared more for used, rather than new vehicles.
While most of it certainly pertains to a new delivery, checking the oil filler neck for gummy black deposits, for example, may not be required.
With a new purchase, one trusts the dealership to properly prepare the vehicle for delivery. Then, trusts the warranty to correct any defect. The p-p inspection of a used vehicle (especially one sold as-is) can, and should be much more involved.

·
Registered
443 Posts
This obviously is a p-p insp list geared more for used, rather than new vehicles.
While most of it certainly pertains to a new delivery, checking the oil filler neck for gummy black deposits, for example, may not be required.
With a new purchase, one trusts the dealership to properly prepare the vehicle for delivery. Then, trusts the warranty to correct any defect. The p-p inspection of a used vehicle (especially one sold as-is) can, and should be much more involved.

Completely agree, it's useful since it's a print out with most things on a couple sheets of paper. The individual can choose to perform what's appropriate for their situation.

As most have said tire pressure and software updates are key. Since these cars are just arriving I would hope they already have the latest software as well.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Completely agree, it's useful since it's a print out with most things on a couple sheets of paper. The individual can choose to perform what's appropriate for their situation.

As most have said tire pressure and software updates are key. Since these cars are just arriving I would hope they already have the latest software as well.
When we picked-up out 2018 Ti (build date 07/17) last Friday, the service tech made a point to mention that he checked the VIN # for the latest software, any TSBs, or RRTs that may pertain. He said that it was completely up-to-date with nothing needed. So far, at 100 miles, everything seems to be perfect.
Except, of course, the fact that the Apple Car Play-Android Auto feature is not yet ready / installed. But, that's another thread.

Reactions: EliseAutoXr
1 - 7 of 7 Posts