1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Thank you!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I tried to build a white quad with the green & white stitching, and received the "generated a conflict" message. Does La Maria Conte have a problem with this choice, or is it programmers like lockem? Or only available at the dealer level?
It didn't show the possibility of white panels in the interior, which I have seen in pics (and red) .

Was hoping the Stelvio Quad would be there, as I do think the Lusso leather and wood interiors should be available in the SUV, even if it is fast.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
So now I know for a fact that my cost will be $3550 below MSRP if I ever end up taking delivery of my 18 QV....

·
Registered
692 Posts
I like the more realistic pictures. The colors are more accurate I think.
I have to think they could have made this available sooner. I think the hold-back was more than just certification.

Reactions: lockem and Max

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
So now I know for a fact that my cost will be $3550 below MSRP if I ever end up taking delivery of my 18 QV....
Hmmm, I don't see anything like that for my Sport Ti Q4.

OTOH, they no longer require the NAV on the Sport Ti Q4. I wonder if it is too late to remove it from my order?

OTOHOH, here are the details for the non-NAV system:
"The 8.8-Inch AM / FM / HD Radio with Bluetooth® with Navigation is equipped with steering wheel controls, and a central rotary knob. System features bluetooth phone activation, AM/FM HD Radio, efficient drive mode screens and a media interface."

No mention of Carplay or Auto :frown2:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
"No mention of Carplay or Auto "----I noticed this too.. will be interesting to see if it actually has it . perhaps hardware is in, but the certification and activation will come later

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
To get the changes to take, you have to click the narrow red box at the bottom of the popout box "accept changes." I didnt' notice the console cover and I ordered Ice too. The new scene is nice. Brakes and tires look way better. It's feels closer up too.

Hey, maybe the new console lid caused a delay as well? That would be "body vendor - additional equipment." ;) I like it either way. I'm glad I have time to think about it. Ice may be just great.

·
Registered
118 Posts
configurator shows new possibility-- Lusso, with performance package gets paddle shifters, and active suspension and the crema non sport seats interior--- this is the combo I wanted all along and it wasn't available in 17. Now I am a bit dissapointed because I have Quad on order but this combination is what I wanted, and not sure what to do LOL. I should have waited.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I noticed that a car cover is not an option under 'exterior' like it was before. That said...mine was order with one and I paid for one....but still haven't received it 5+ weeks after taking delivery.

The difference I noticed for the black/ice interior is the 18 has a white armrest, whereas my 17 has black center armrest (better for hiding dirt/grime etc.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hmmm, I don't see anything like that for my Sport Ti Q4.

OTOH, they no longer require the NAV on the Sport Ti Q4. I wonder if it is too late to remove it from my order?

"The 8.8-Inch AM / FM / HD Radio with Bluetooth® with Navigation is equipped with steering wheel controls, and a central rotary knob. System features bluetooth phone activation, AM/FM HD Radio, efficient drive mode screens and a media interface."

No mention of Carplay or Auto :frown2:
Interestingly, the NAV system description now includes the handwriting recognition that some users were wondering about under a separate thread.
"Additionally the system features a 3D (1200 x 480 pixel) Navigation with available handwriting recognition and split screen capabilities"

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,373 Posts
Interestingly, the NAV system description now includes the handwriting recognition that some users were wondering about under a separate thread.
"Additionally the system features a 3D (1200 x 480 pixel) Navigation with available handwriting recognition and split screen capabilities"
I never thought of a car's display in terms of pixels. Now that I see it here, I'm surprised it's only about half the 1,040,000 pixels of my camera's much smaller LCD display. I suppose it looks OK considering.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I never thought of a car's display in terms of pixels. Now that I see it here, I'm surprised it's only about half the 1,040,000 pixels of my camera's much smaller LCD display. I suppose it looks OK considering.
Viewing distance is a factor.
Camera LCDs and smartphone screens are viewed at a much closer distance in comparison to a car's display.
Although in this day and age there is really no reason why a manufacturer should not use the highest resolution screens.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Viewing distance is a factor.
Camera LCDs and smartphone screens are viewed at a much closer distance in comparison to a car's display.
Although in this day and age there is really no reason why a manufacturer should not use the highest resolution screens.
Makes sense. I suppose a car's display is more like a laptop's.

I'll have to pay attention to the difference in viewing distance. Camera ~ 1 foot and car about 3 feet?

Of course digital specifications don't apply when I'm using my camera's optical viewfinder.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts