Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've posted in another forum, but figured this category is better fit for this question. Im just starting the process of getting a Giulia TI. Im getting one via a goodwill buyback from Chrysler and originally I've been waiting for 3 months for a 2018 300s.

After realizing I can get an Alfa Romeo, I was sold. I'm having a hard time figuring out when the 2018 Ti can be ordered, is it possible to do it now via dealer?

Also, what is changed in a 2018? Anything worth waiting for?

I'm ok with waiting around 60 days from now, since that is what has been approved by the buyback department. Anything longer, not sure.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Unless you're ordering something in a very odd, strange spec, it should be ready in that timeframe I would say. If you are ordering something more normal or lower spec, they can just get a car that's already being built and just assign it to you and complete the checklist as far as I know.

Those who know can correct me if I'm wrong, but the only updates for 2018 are new color(s) and new wheel(s) options, and maybe a few software things, I don't know. Nothing big

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,754 Posts
Afive720,

I think you already started a similar thread.
I have a 2018 Ti on order. The dealer could not tell me the final price and used the 2017 order form that is available via www.alfaromeousa.com to place the order.
I have not heard any rumors of new colors or much of anything new for 2018. I think AR should concentrate on fixing the problems that they are aware of (random suspension/brake noises, random stalling, various features that don't work quite right, headlight washers that fall off of the Quadrifoglio). Some issues with wiring harness segments having abrasion problems. Estimated time to build and deliver is 4 months.

I ordered the following car, which I believe to be a good match to what I want.

Ti Q4 with 19" sport package.
Trofeo White with red interior and Ti leather. White is good for limiting heat gain in the sun. The red interior is a marvel to look at.
Most of the options except the sun roof, Harmon Kardon audio, and engine block heater. These omitted options add weight and provide no functionality that I need.

I'll be ordering some black highlights for the exterior and will probably order another set of wheels for mounting summer tires. I suspect I won't have the car in time for summer use.
Black highlights that look especially good on a white (or light gray) Giulia include the rear view mirror covers (these are available in carbon fiber via MOPAR EU, although I haven't figured out how to order them yet), and the outward bulging part of the rocker panels (this may require film or paint).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all. Yeah, I'm really just worried about the dealer I called giving me iffy info claiming that only 17 can be placed. It seems as if they can't even build a 17 anymore. The main reason I want an 18, is that it seems that it will come with Car Play.

I work remotely, so even if Chrysler is not going to allow me to keep 300 until my Giulia Ti is delivered, I'll just rock with no car for a bit. I'd rather do that then pick up a Giulia that doesn't have the exact spec I want and is a 17.

However, I am happy with how lenient they've been. My buyback has been approved Mid May, they've been fine so far and are fine with another 60 some days. I'll get the forms sent to a dealer that seems confident with a MY18 order, then place an order and ask the buyback department how long they'll allow me to keep my current car.

I'm super excited though, I think it will be hard to contain after I make my way to a test drive sometime on Sunday lol.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,482 Posts
Are you at liberty to share the reason for the buyback or the dealer with whom you're working?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.