Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I just picked up my Giulia today and possibly noticed an issue.

It seems that I am missing the painted brake calipers on the rear wheels. I raised this issue with the dealership and they said the Lusso package rims do not have them because "you can't see them." Obviously, it is more difficult to see them than with the Sport package, but I would still like it to be correct. Can anyone with a Lusso package confirm for me whether or not all 4 wheels have the painted brake caliper covers or if it is just the front two wheels?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
looks like if you check the box "custom painted caliper option" you get 4 painted calipers. Not sure if its always been that way. I have a few lusso's silver (non-painted) caliper and a couple with painted caliper. Silver doesn't look painted and Red Calipers are all 4. Hope this helps here is a pic of silver rear caliper on my lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
653 Posts
That is a load of crap. You can see them fine. Sounds like they may have swapped out the originals with the calipers from a base Giulia.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hello All!

It seems that I am missing the painted brake calipers on the rear wheels. I raised this issue with the dealership and they said the Lusso package rims do not have them because "you can't see them." Obviously, it is more difficult to see them than with the Sport package, but I would still like it to be correct. Can anyone with a Lusso package confirm for me whether or not all 4 wheels have the painted brake caliper covers or if it is just the front two wheels?

Thank you in advance!
What does your window sticker say? If it had painted calipers, that will be listed. If you don't have the original window sticker, you can look it up by substituting your VIN for the VIN at the end of this web address: https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=ZARFAEEN2H7530858

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello All!

Thank you in advance!
They’re lying. I just went out and checked my Q4 Lusso, which has black painted calipers.... on all four tires. Sorry bud. I’d be gettin on the horn.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mine doesn't have the custom painted ones. Front ones are silver with writing on them (so painted), back ones are not painted. Checked them a few minutes ago and it looks like they're the rusting type, not glossy covered like the front ones. Found another thread were this seems to be confirmed: http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/2...n/16209-rear-calipers-no-script-here-pic.html

Bummer, didn't pay attention to this detail when getting the car. Not that it would have changed anything, I got a pre-configured car that was closest to what I wanted, so not too much choice there. I'll be sure to play with the active suspension from time to time, to soften the disappointment. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for the feedback. I really appreciate it. So it seems based on a few of your responses that the rear wheels without the sports package (and just the Lusso package) do not have them unless specified as optional equipment for $350. On my sticker it just says “Silver Brake Calipers with Black Script” under the included exterior section.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My Lusso Ti came with all four painted calipers. But I did pay for the upgraded to paint option.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
653 Posts
Nope

Here are some pictures as well for reference.
That is definitely the base, unpainted caliper. In fact, there was some debate in the fall about whether the brakes on the base and Ti were the same size, because the painted calipers appear larger. Macgeek, however, confirmed that they are in fact the same size.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,194 Posts
That is definitely the base, unpainted caliper. In fact, there was some debate in the fall about whether the brakes on the base and Ti were the same size, because the painted calipers appear larger. Macgeek, however, confirmed that they are in fact the same size.
Are the painted calipers actually different (other than the paint)?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Here are some pictures as well for reference.
Are brakes on the base models also Brembo?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts