Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured for my organization I'd start a thread to document the issues we have (or are having) with our 2017 Quadrifoglio and post our experiences so that others may learn and/or provide their own experiences.

ISSUE #1:

As posted in another thread, on 16-Jul-2017 the headlamp washer remained "out" so the vehicle was at the dealership on Monday, 24-Jul-2017, to be fixed.

It was there for 2.5 days and was not completed fixed due to the lack of parts.

Original thread here: http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/4...glio/13978-first-gremlin-headlamp-washer.html

ISSUE #2:

While the Q was there for the headlamp washer fix we asked them to look into "turning down" the sensitivity of the car alarm. When it rains on the car, while parked, the alarm is triggered.

On Wednesday, 26-Jul-2017, in the afternoon, the Q was picked up with no ETA on the part(s) for the headlamp washer issue; my wife was told that the alarm sensitivity had been turned down.

ISSUE #3:

On Thursday, 27-Jul-2017, in the afternoon, my wife took the Q to pick up our son from his summer camp and the car alarm sounded – WHILE SHE WAS DRIVING. It never turned off.

She drove home, with the alarm sounding, so we could take a look at what to do. The Q would randomly stop the alarm sound and then all of a sudden start again.

We tried a different FOB, car locked, car unlocked, etc. Nothing was helping. So she got back in the car and drove to the dealership with it sounding on and off the entire drive there.

Of course, once she was within a mile of the dealership the alarm stopped. Luckily while it was parked and off the alarm randomly sounded, and would not turn off, in front of the service advisor.

So the Q is back at the dealership…

:frown2:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had the headlight washer issue, and when I first got the car (a QV with about 3000 miles on the clock now), the area codes in my contacts weren't being picked up when I used the Bluetooth to make a call, and the nav system wouldn't pick up the correct address when I used the voice command feature to put in a destination. Took it in to the dealer with about 2300 miles on her for them to have a look.

The following week I got a call to bring the car in (about three business days after I initially took it in to dealer to look at the issue?). I also requested an oil change, because I always change the break-in oil at about 2500 miles. Dropped it off in the morning, the dealer shuttled me to work in 500X, and I picked it up that afternoon with the latest infotainment flash installed, the headlight washer repaired (they replaced the mounting bracket) and the car washed and vacuumed. Plus the dealer paid for the oil change.

The car has been flawless since. The only issue I have is a bit of a tug-of war with my wife in the morning when deciding who will get to drive it. I lost that discussion this morning, but I get it all weekend!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the headlight washer issue, and when I first got the car...

The following week I got a call to bring the car in (about three business days after I initially took it in to dealer to look at the issue?).
When did you have this work done? Was this recent or some time ago? I'm curious as to getting the washer part within 3 business days. Thx.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Had the work done on July 17th. They saw the car the first time a week before that, and ordered the part.

They actual painted cover piece did not fall off mine as it apparently has on some others, so they didn't have to wait for that part. They only had to replace the mounting bracket, which had broken.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.

So odd that we are getting nothing in response to "when" the headlamp washer can be fixed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The lead Alfa tech told me I was lucky that I had not lost the actual plastic cap, as that is harder to get and would have to be painted, as well.

The brackets (at least one, anyway )were apparently on hand in the Dallas warehouse, so it was a pretty quick turn around on that part.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, we didn't lose the cover and that is what is a bit bothersome about all of this.... 5 days and no ETA on what they need to fix the headlamp washer? The smoke and mirrors crap drives me up the wall; just say what's going on. If it's going to take a month, just say that.

Anyway, they said the car is "fixed" re alarm randomly going off (Issue #2 and #3). Going to pick it up tomorrow (Saturday, 29-Jul-2017).

Hopefully these are the only issues we have...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Picked up the car yesterday (29-Jul-2017). The dealership said to my wife that when they changed the sensitivity of the alarm (Issue #2) they "did not calibrate all the modules" that deal with the sensors for the alarm. This is what caused Issue #3.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Is issue #3 still and "issue?"

I checked the manual online and only found the fuse for the windshield washer pump. Do they all wash together is the headlight washer separate?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The service tech told my wife that there are two fuses and that they removed the fuse specifically for the headlamp washer. I know that isn't super helpful but I'm just relaying was said to her.

And we haven't tested yet; I will add that the dealership placed some clear tape over the passenger side headlamp washer to ensure it does not fly off. Admittedly I'd rather not "test" and just wait until the part(s) arrive.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
While we still wait and wait and wait for parts to fix the headlamp washer the wife and I went out for a drive this morning. Did about 200 miles round trip. As much as it frustrates me the lack of communication on parts availability this is still an awesome car.

Don't care about those problems reviewers state, I wouldn't hesitate to buy this car again. This is the closest thing to me as riding a motorcycle (which is my personal choice of transportation) -- it's therapy for the soul.

To borrow someone's explanation of this vehicle: the Quadrifoglio is Dr. Jekyll in anything but Race mode. Once in Race mode, it becomes Mr. Hyde.

[I [still] wish you could have that Race mode exhaust sound in Dynamic mode. ;) ]

Reactions: peczenij

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Admittedly I'd rather not "test" and just wait until the part(s) arrive.
This has been tested and when we use the windshield washer, the headlamp washers do not extend out.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Received a call today (10-Aug-2017) from AR. We will be able to bring in the Giulia to fix Issue # 1 on Friday, 18-Aug-2017. That is almost a full month waiting for this part... vehicle was dropped off the fisrt time on 24-Jul-2017 for Issue # 1.

:|

·
Registered
526 Posts
[I [still] wish you could have that Race mode exhaust sound in Dynamic mode. ;) ]

You do know in Dynamic mode the exhausts open up around 3500 rpm's till redline which I think is perfect and really confirms the Jekyll & Hyde personality.

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
The service tech told my wife that there are two fuses and that they removed the fuse specifically for the headlamp washer. I know that isn't super helpful but I'm just relaying was said to her.
That is super helpful, thanks, I think I will remove that fuse as well. The headlight washers usually just make a mess of the hood anyway.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Can anyone detail fuse location and which fuse it is...??

·
Registered
167 Posts
T17. Its in the fuse box inside the engine bay under where the jump lead box terminal is. MacGeek posted a picture - I think on this thread...

Reactions: larrysing

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Thank you.....

1 - 20 of 74 Posts