Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer (who is great) performed the infotainment and map update bringing me to .055 version. The good news is the stereo (HK) sounds great (no more crackling). The Navigation maps are greatly improved...3D works with information and points of interest. The bad news is that the system can take more than a minute to boot up. Sometimes the backup camera doesn't want to wake up, and if you try to change your iPod track in the first minute or so...the system may lock up. with the .020, the audio had issues, and the maps were..poor. The new software seems to correct that...but wondering if anyone else is having these issues with an early 2017 car. Seems like the new software may be too much for the processor.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,062 Posts
Interesting. I'm thinking twice about having my car's software updated.

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
Someone please share a picture of the screen showing .055 on their 2017. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,062 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
My dealer (who is great) performed the infotainment and map update bringing me to .055 version. The good news is the stereo (HK) sounds great (no more crackling). The Navigation maps are greatly improved...3D works with information and points of interest. The bad news is that the system can take more than a minute to boot up. Sometimes the backup camera doesn't want to wake up, and if you try to change your iPod track in the first minute or so...the system may lock up. with the .020, the audio had issues, and the maps were..poor. The new software seems to correct that...but wondering if anyone else is having these issues with an early 2017 car. Seems like the new software may be too much for the processor.

I had the software update done a couple of weeks ago on my 2017 and also noticed today the Nav is much slower to get to the point where you can input an address. I often have to select each letter two or three times before it is recognized. I do like the changes other changes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no regrets. The .055 software is much better...audio great...3D maps and points of interest and display is improved. Oil level is now correct too. Just learn to let it boot up. Then all is fine. Maybe in the next generation they port over the FCA U Connect system!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a Giulia TI 2017 and Start/stop doesn't work, and I can't get Car Play work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe there is no apple car play on any 2017 models. That is a 2018 feature. What is not working with Start/Stop?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Had the Blank screen and rebooting of the infotainment system and since the update to .55 (was .43) has not happened again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought my 2017 preowned with 5,600 miles. The original owner didn’t take it in for any updates. It was running .20 software when I got it. I took her in for the T57 campaign, and my service advisor told me she’d update the software and nav as well. I picked the car up Monday and noticed it’s only updated to .41 software. As near as I can tell that’s 2 updates back since most everyone seemed to be running the .43 and now have .55. I’m a little confused and will have to call her today to find out why.

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
I bought my 2017 preowned with 5,600 miles. The original owner didn’t take it in for any updates. It was running .20 software when I got it. I took her in for the T57 campaign, and my service advisor told me she’d update the software and nav as well. I picked the car up Monday and noticed it’s only updated to .41 software. As near as I can tell that’s 2 updates back since most everyone seemed to be running the .43 and now have .55. I’m a little confused and will have to call her today to find out why.
Other than the non-random USB issue, my Giulia is doing just fine with .020.

Updating the software seems to be on customers rather than dealers.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Other than the non-random USB issue, my Giulia is doing just fine with .020.

Updating the software seems to be on customers rather than dealers.
MV-001.011.020 is very old, and does not support user map updates, so this will cause a problem. Also there have been numerous bug fixes, such as oil-level readout etc .....
see
Service update infotainment

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
MV-001.011.020 is very old, and does not support user map updates, so this will cause a problem. Also there have been numerous bug fixes, such as oil-level readout etc .....
see Service update infotainment
Thanks, jwq2. I'll hang onto these. I wish the dealer would have tackled this when my car was in for its 10,000-mile visit. I'm glad I'm not experiencing any issues that would motivate me to make the update a higher priority than my kid's tennis, gardening, pond maintenance, vacation planning, sleep, etc. And buying a bunch of USBs that I otherwise don't need doesn't exactly fit my model of fiscal prudence.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
...... And buying a bunch of USBs that I otherwise don't need doesn't exactly fit my model of fiscal prudence.
Actually, you only need 1. ;)

However, getting hold of the latest maps seems to be a much bigger problem in the USA ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts