Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I’m looking to lease a 2017 Giulia Ti with 19” sport package. However, the car I found has been on the dealer lot since April 2017. Any guidance on the risks and how to mitigate them?

1. What kind of discount (% off of MSRP, post-rebates/incentives) would you request for a car this old?
2. Besides discounts to the price, what are some things you’d request that may be easier for the dealer to accept in the negotiation? For example, free wheel/tire package or free tinting?
3. What service/maintenance would you request before leasing the car? Check filters, hoses, belts? System updates?
4. How much of a risk is tire flat spots with a car that’s been sitting on the lot since April 2017? Would you request new tires?
5. At most how many miles would you like the car to have?
6. Are there any other things to check for with a car that’s been sitting around for so long? Rust? Paint damage?

Thank you

·
Registered
65 Posts
Test drive it yet? Has it been the demo? How many miles? Tire pressures? Battery condition? Has it been in the sun all that time? Is it the car you want, right color, packages, etc?

Depreciation as a 2017 model and a reasonable discount should be nearly 5 K, Do they have 18s yet? Maybe test drive a new one first and then compare back to back see if there are any issues apparent? You have a good list............... go for it and don't be pressured to settle on that car till you are sure. I started negotiation for my 17... 6K below MSRP and made a good deal in the end. Push the sales folks they need to sell a/the car..Buy the one you want..... Don't settle for it based on price...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks CoulsonT for the quick reply, and a good recommendation to test drive a 2018 to compare the feel/condition to the 2017 car.

As for the 2017 car, it has everything I want except for the Ti Performance Package. It has been hard to find a car with that package and isn't heavily optioned (ie. above $50k). This car wasn't a demo car, but it has 200mi. The dealer has offered me 15% off of MSRP (including rebates/incentives). Should I be shooting for a higher % off?

A friend is going to drive me 2 hours to pick up the car, and I'm trying to prepare as much as possible before hand. Is it possible for the dealer to run the service/system update checks before hand and email me the service reports verifying everything is in good condition?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I would say 15% is low. I got $5000 off a Jan 2017 car in July, you're getting (maybe) $7,000<?> off an April 2017 car in Jan 2018, with 2018's on the lots. I'd start at 20%, and hammer the Apple Carplay/Android Auto issue, the fact the car is 9 months old, the fact that it's still sitting there...

200 miles is reasonable, but I would ask for a free oil change in April (1 year in "service" of sorts) and at 10,000 miles.

Flat spots would be evident on a test drive.

You will want the Service Department to perform all RRT's BEFORE pickup, and beware that the Glove Box RRT often requires parts ordered, so hopefully that's already been done. The Navigation equipped vehicle RRT's can easily take a whole day because of the cumbersome update process.

Be aware that a 2017 will NEVER have Car Play/Android Auto and has serious interface issues with an iPhone right now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks AlfaCrisis. I will start the negotiations at 20% off of MSRP, and use the justifications you listed.

What kind of proof should I ask from the Service Department that the RRTs have been completed and when? If there's a report, how many RRTs should be listed?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
The Service Department can enter your VIN and it will show which RRT’s are outstanding on the vehicle. Alfa dealers seem lax about updating vehicles on the lot sometimes.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just leased this week a 2017 Ti with a 45,900 msrp got a $6400. discount. If you are buying i would ask for even more of a discount, im returning mine in 2yrs so any real issues is on the dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts