Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,598 Posts
Not to derail the thread, but is the idea here that rebuilds like the are fun to do in someone's spare time, or are they actually meant to save money (because they doesn't save time, and time is money) vs. buying a used car

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Not to derail the thread, but is the idea here that rebuilds like the are fun to do in someone's spare time, or are they actually meant to save money (because they doesn't save time, and time is money) vs. buying a used car
Great question! For me, personally, this is intended only to be a learning experience. From what I've spent for the G1/G2 cars and misc. parts I think that a conservative estimate (assuming all turns out alright) will cover the costs of the tools that I purchased. Some ways that I've learned to save costs (for the next build) will be transporting my own vehicles (I had to have the G1 shipped) and the other would be to be more patient. Had I waited for the front clip to be purchased, I would have saved costs on the interior parts which I already purchased. Now, instead, I have two sets of red/black interior dash hardware which I need to store and sell - shameless plug to go check out my ebay listings... ;)

As a side note, apparently eBay won't let you sell air bags as an individual seller. So if anyone is looking, I've got both passenger and driver side knee air bags as well as a steering wheel bag and can send pictures if interested.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,598 Posts
Great question! For me, personally, this is intended only to be a learning experience. From what I've spent for the G1/G2 cars and misc. parts I think that a conservative estimate (assuming all turns out alright) will cover the costs of the tools that I purchased. Some ways that I've learned to save costs (for the next build) will be transporting my own vehicles (I had to have the G1 shipped) and the other would be to be more patient. Had I waited for the front clip to be purchased, I would have saved costs on the interior parts which I already purchased. Now, instead, I have two sets of red/black interior dash hardware which I need to store and sell - shameless plug to go check out my ebay listings... ;)

As a side note, apparently eBay won't let you sell air bags as an individual seller. So if anyone is looking, I've got both passenger and driver side knee air bags as well as a steering wheel bag and can send pictures if interested.
Thanks for explaining

61 - 64 of 64 Posts