Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Hi All,

I live in the Northeast and am looking for a good summer tire to improve performance of my 2017 Giulia Q4. I currently have the Birdgestone Turanzas. I'm thinking of using them as a "winter" tire, and the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S as summers.

Would this be a good arrangement?

Thanks
I'm planning to do the same.
We have a MY18 Q4 with the same Bridgestones. We haven't used her in the snow this winter because she is so new and clean and pretty and we have the use of my daughter's 04 330xi while she is away at University. IMO, the all-season Turanzas should be fine for all except the absolute worst of winter driving. It is true, dedicated SNOW tires are better.
I'll be looking for another set of wheels with "summer performance tires" come this spring.
August 2017 issue of Car and Driver compared 5. The MPS4S was just ahead of the Continental Extreme-Contact Sport for first, with the Pirelli P Zero a close third. Me thinks any one of these three would be a significant and noticeable improvement.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The P4 is an excellent summer tire, I have p-zeros on my QV right now, but when its time again for new shoes I will probably look at Michelin again. My original Corsas only lasted 7500 miles .....

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have the PS4S on my Quad. Love them. Better grip on dry, WAY better grip on wet than the OEM tires.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi All,

I live in the Northeast and am looking for a good summer tire to improve performance of my 2017 Giulia Q4. I currently have the Birdgestone Turanzas. I'm thinking of using them as a "winter" tire, and the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S as summers.

Would this be a good arrangement?

Thanks
Yes. This is the best all-around summer tire in existence. When your Turanzas get a little worn, you can ditch them and get some real snow tires :)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. I've been using all-seasons in the northeast since I could drive a car. Sub-optimal, yes, but completely workable with caution.

Were I not leasing this car, I might invest in a good set of winter tires as well, but I drive far more in the summer.

PS4S it is!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts