Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw my first "in-the-wild" 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia today. We were driving on PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) in Malibu and a red Giulia was head the other way. It was glorious. I couldn't believe my eyes. Red, not sure which of the three reds. The big V grill with the partial chrome and the four doors.

I've seen Giulias at car shows and the dealer, but never just driving down the road in the wild. Now I have.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
There are quite a few enthusiasm there who know about the cars. The Super Bowl ads are going to spike some more interest as well.

I went filled up with my first tank of gas on Friday and one guy knew with the car was and came up and congratulated me and asked if he could take pictures and he was just super thrilled to see one out being driven.

High fives to everyone!

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it weird to now see it everyday I am expecting so many others running around but I see no such thing. I hope very soon at the least!
That's how I felt when I bought my 4C. I just couldn't believe she was mine. Except, the 4C will always be rare. I'll actually be disappointed if six months from know we don't see new Giulias commonly. Those first few Giulias we get to see in the wild will be special.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Saw a blue Giulia going the other way today. I started waving and the other driver finally realized I was waving at her and that I was driving an Alfa too. Then she frantically wave back. If you're reading this (other driver), we were on Braddock near Inglewood.

·
Registered
236 Posts
This is what I saw when I came into the office parking structure today. Such a breath of fresh air among the sea of the usual suspects! I actually sat in this exact car a while ago in the show room. If the owner is reading please PM me, I want to know who you are :laugh:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Saw a red Giulia tonight on I-405 near Wilshire. Had the sport pack. I waved, but no response from the driver. Windows were tinted so dark I couldn't see inside.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Saw a black Giulia... passed by on the opposite lane. Turn of head a bit but the driver was gunning it so I didn't have a clear vision of it. On major Mackenzie drive and yonge, Richmond Hill, Ontario

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
My dad told me he saw a dark colored (he is color blind) Giulia pull in the lot today while he was at the Mercedes dealer in Somerville, MA. I was not with him unfortunately, I have yet to see one on the road yet.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The other day I pulled up next to a red car at the signal. "Is that... OMG it's a Giulia", I thought. Yup, it was a beautiful Red Giulia Ti. Then, I realized I was just a block away from the Alfa dealer, where I was going (in my 4C), so it's probably just on a test drive. I inched forward to see who was in it, yes, it was one of the salesmen. I engaged him and found out that he was on his way to work, in his personal car.

The longer story behind the purchase is: The car was supposed to delivered to a dealer in central USA, but got dropped off in Los Angeles (how is this even possible?). The car had all the specs he was looking for, so he bought it before the mess could be sorted out. The other dealer is pissed that they lost a sale. LMAO

So, yes, I did spot a Giulia in the wild.

Reactions: cptwei

·
Registered
526 Posts
Still no sighting in Birmingham, AL better known as "The Black hole of Alfa Romeos"

Although our dealer says they've sold 10-12 perhaps.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I saw a Rosso Alfa Ti at Lime Rock Park a couple of weeks ago..... the owner was so nice he even let me sit in it....
Awesome looking car!

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
word has it he'll be back to blag a lap of lrp on memorial day weekend... Just what i'm hearing though...
lol

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
223 Posts
I did not see any Giulia's in ATX today but I saw a sharp looking white 4C at a car wash on South Lamar...with the dark phone dial wheels.

I am starting to get the "bug" to go pick up a 4C as a "fun" car...what a great looking sports car!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I did not see any Giulia's in ATX today but I saw a sharp looking white 4C at a car wash on South Lamar...with the dark phone dial wheels.

I am starting to get the "bug" to go pick up a 4C as a "fun" car...what a great looking sports car!
I've got 26,000 miles on my 4C. That's my endorcment.

And just as many bugs.

1 - 20 of 446 Posts