Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulia 2017 2.2 JTDM Super
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Recently my Giulia have thrown an error code that triggers a whole bunch of dash warning lights to appear.
  • Check airbag
  • Electronic parking break
  • Forward collision warning not working (some times)
  • Hill assist, or what it is called (some times)
This has happened on and off for a couple of months, my first thought based on reading posts here was that the battery was the issue. It was the original battery from factory, so I replaced that with a new one. However the issue still remains.
Using MES I was able to read the fault code as:
Airbag / NAB/ORC (Airbag/Occupant Restraint Module)
Bosch Airbag
ISO Code:
00 1A 50 B0 14
Hardware number:
0285012907 - Ver: 20
Software number:
BB70448 - Ver: 0203
Errors found:
B0050-13 - Driver's seat belt switch - Open circuit
I could also monitor the driver side seat belt switch with the parameter in MES.
Trying to reproduce the issue I tried to wiggle and tug on the seat belt, but nothing from that. After that I reached under the seat and tried to wiggle and pull a bit on cables and connectors. While wiggling one of the big connectors, (see the image below) the error was thrown again, lights on dash board and I could see in MES that the seat belt switch was "faulty". I managed to reproduce it a few more times, but not every time.

Because of my inexperience working with airbags related stuff on modern cars I have a few questions.
  1. Do I need to do anything special to make it safe to unplug the cable under the seat or is it fine as long as the car is off?
  2. What could I do to fix the connection, bending anything? Cleaning with what? Alcohol?
  3. If I were to try to find a replacement cable harness, is there something special I need to keep in mind?
  4. Where would I be able to find one?
  5. Any other tips that I should try or know?
  6. Any wiring diagrams available to use for reference?
Thankful for any help

Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

Handwriting Motor vehicle Plant Automotive exterior Font

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I don't have all the answers but you can unplug the large seat/airbag connector with ignition off without issues.

Reactions: Alpeace

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
@Alpeace it's either switch in seat belt buckle or wiring. if I remember connector for seat belt buckle is green one - you can see in your second photo in the background some green connector just below the label. otherwise just follow wiring from buckle.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulia 2017 2.2 JTDM Super
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have all the answers but you can unplug the large seat/airbag connector with ignition off without issues.
Thanks, then I feel more confident to check it out further.

@Alpeace it's either switch in seat belt buckle or wiring. if I remember connector for seat belt buckle is green one - you can see in your second photo in the background some green connector just below the label. otherwise just follow wiring from buckle.
Thanks I will check out the green one as well then.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
it was in a less complicated car, as I recall, removed the seat, then removed the bolted in belt system, then shook it out. I think it would be a much bigger deal in a modern late model Alfa or other car. In my near 60 year driving and car maintenance and repair history, I have had just about every adventure one can have with my vehicles. I recently had a failed fuel pump in my 1952 army M37 3/4 ton Weapons Carrier, 20 miles out in the woods, and it cost almost $1500 to get a rescue vehicle to get it out and home. I could write a book with my adventures and mis-adventures. Like the time I drove my TR4 1,000 miles with no oil pressure, or the time my MGB did a 360 in the air, landed back on the wheels & only put a little tear in the top, or the time I outran the Italian boarder guards in my '69 Dodge Charger R/T, or the time my GT3 blew a piston a thousand miles from home, or the time I drove way out into the Nebraska hinterland to change my oil on a dirt road, and lost the plug in the weeds. Or the time I changed my hot engine oil, then under the car, turned over and managed to put my foot into the just drained hot oil, Or the time I was with a girlfriend in an social adventure, when a local sheriff pulled up behind us way out in the country, or the time......... NV

1 - 10 of 10 Posts