Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,383 Posts
Do Giulias last that long? :p

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
My service department told me that, in addition to the routine service stuff, they change out the brake fluid. I've never had to have that done before at 20,000 miles, but it is listed as required every two years, regardless of mileage, on page 203 of the Giulia's Owner's Manual.
They told me I should expect to pay over $500.
Page 204 indicates that at 30,000 miles, spark plug replacement is mandatory. That's the really big one that I am dreading. I have read that it will be more than $1,000 just a few months before I have to return my leased car.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
interesting. I had my brake fluid changed on my 10k service to Castrol SRF so if you wish to save on that one just bring a bottle yourself for $60 and they'll (or should) charge you an hours labor

·
Registered
383 Posts
Anyone know why the spark plugs are so costly? My brother is a mechanic and says spark plugs are usually a cheap and labor-unintensive job on most cars, and $1000 sounds like highway robbery to him

·
Registered
422 Posts
Anyone know why the spark plugs are so costly? My brother is a mechanic and says spark plugs are usually a cheap and labor-unintensive job on most cars, and $1000 sounds like highway robbery to him
It is, especially on a motor that is shared with a Jeep. O Helllllllllllllllll NOOO.

I really, sincerely doubt they're gonna have very many takers at that price- well maybe some idiot with more money than common sense, of which they work the planet.

·
Registered
537 Posts
my service department told me that, in addition to the routine service stuff, they change out the brake fluid. I've never had to have that done before at 20,000 miles, but it is listed as required every two years, regardless of mileage, on page 203 of the giulia's owner's manual.
They told me i should expect to pay over $500.
Page 204 indicates that at 30,000 miles, spark plug replacement is mandatory. That's the really big one that i am dreading. I have read that it will be more than $1,000 just a few months before i have to return my leased car.
not sure about your area, but around here you can still return your car if the maint. Hasnt been done, not sure if they can actually make you do it or prove it was done. Id just try to return it and if they say it needs to be done, do it at that time.

The plugs im pretty sure are iridium, pretty expensive plugs if you look it up, not aure about labour, we usually get 1-2hrs to do a 4cyl spark plug change, so yea, $1000 sound pretty steep to me.....unless its a quad

Reactions: Crosshairs

·
Registered
261 Posts
Anyone have this servicing completed- what does it cover besides oil change and the cost?
I'm only at 8500 miles so far, so I'm at least a year away from the 20000/2-yr servicing. However, I did purchase a 4-year service plan at the time I bought the car, and the dealer provided an "official" brochure listing the activities that should occur at each servicing. See the following attachment...

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Cost??

I'm only at 8500 miles so far, so I'm at least a year away from the 20000/2-yr servicing. However, I did purchase a 4-year service plan at the time I bought the car, and the dealer provided an "official" brochure listing the activities that should occur at each servicing. See the following attachment...
How much did they charge you for the 4-year plan?

·
Registered
876 Posts
i dont know how the spark plugs can cost 1k $ when they are easy to accesss only by removie the plastic cover... ill do it my self in 20 minutes lol

·
Registered
261 Posts
How much did they charge you for the 4-year plan?
$995.

However, that was the fortuitous result of a mistake that went in my favor. Prior to buying the car (a QV) I inquired about available service plans. There were several options, but I was most interested in the longest term available. The dealer's finance manager sent me a quote for a 4-yr plan for $995. As it turns out, she mistakenly sent a quote for a *regular* Giulia, not a QV, but that wasn't explicitly stated in the quote. When I went in to pick up the car and close the deal, I asked them to add the 4-yr plan for $995. I was told, "Oh, sorry, the 4-year plan for a QV is <much more than $995 (sorry don't remember how much)>". I protested, and showed them the email from the finance manager quoting $995. They went to a back room, had a brief chat, and then came back out and told me they'd honor the quoted price.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,671 Posts
So when I reach 20,000 miles on my 10 month old Giulia, do I flush the brake fluid or not?

·
Registered
38 Posts
The fine print of the service contract limited the service to an oil change, and capped the value. Any other service required is bourne by the owner. I cancelled my policy on what seemed like a good idea at first.

As an aside, my finance manager gave me the same impression of this being a mistake and should not be for the QV. then tells me Alfa changed it. This smells like an underhanded sales tactic.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Another one that is recommended in the manual for cold and/or dusty environments is to replace the serpentine belt at 18,000 miles. I declined that during my 20k service as the belt looked completely fine. Seeing as you're in CA I don't think you need to worry about it. I'm also lucky that my purchasing dealer include free oil changes and inspections at all service intervals so my 20k service was free. I had my brake fluid flushed back in May since I was taking my car to the track.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
The fine print of the service contract limited the service to an oil change, and capped the value. Any other service required is bourne by the owner. I cancelled my policy on what seemed like a good idea at first.

As an aside, my finance manager gave me the same impression of this being a mistake and should not be for the QV. then tells me Alfa changed it. This smells like an underhanded sales tactic.
I bought that maintenance plan from Strongsville OH $1600. I just happened to call the local dealer who gave me the skinny on "that plan" and that it is BS. I informed Strongsville what I was told and they acted like they were surprised. I would have been so mad if I had moved forward with that only to find out it did not cover the maintenance. It is effectively a discount on the maintenance and it would have cost me 1600 which is ludicrous. Better to just pay the maintenance.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
So when I reach 20,000 miles on my 10 month old Giulia, do I flush the brake fluid or not?
You're driving in the mountains, with a lot of brake use? Yeah, flush and replace the brake fluid. In fact, if you're putting 10k+ miles a year on your car under those conditions, I'd change the fluid once a year. As someone said, it's cheap insurance. It's literally you're life you're protecting.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,671 Posts
Are you leasing the vehicle or a buy?
Buy. With the miles I put on the car I expect that a lease would be extremely expensive.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts