Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Live in Toronto and was going to use the 19 inch factory wheels for winter and buy new 20 inch wheels and tires for the summer. In my opinion I think the car would look better with the larger wheels.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Profile is pretty low with the 19's.....Potholes in Toronto ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't live downtown Toronto but in Burlington. I do travel alot within Toronto as my family lives there and I am there every weekend. I have had no issues with potholes or clearance on the QV. My previous BMW had 20 inch wheels with a lower profile and was still good although a bit rougher.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Ride quality will decrease even thought the sidewalls are so short already. I would find a nice set in the same size, maybe a little different style, maybe modular and go with that. I was actually thinking of getting a stock base set for winter, non staggered if they will fit on a quad. But my Miata has a brand new set of Pirelli Sotto Zeros and even on the summers was great in the rain today. I did have some wheel spin off the line in first gear but it's all that extra power with my supercharger and intake :)

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,953 Posts
Has anyone tried this yet? And if so what size tires did you get?
IIRC, Eurocompulsion put 20s on their Q2. Reference the thread about their car. You might contacting try them to see where they got them. I dunno if the wider rims desired for a QV are available.

If you have Tecnicos, you might want to consider a set of AR 5 holes for winter use. The 5 holes are quite a bit heavier, and may be stronger.

Wider rims (1/2 to 1 inch wider) would probably help handling and traction more than larger diameter wheels (assuming they would fit), since the sidewall height is already pretty small. The downside being that wider rims increase the exposure of the rim to curb damage.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had 20's with 275/30/20's on my Audi S5. Ride was harsh in dynamic and I bent them on multiple occasions. Will not do that on my QV, besides the Tenicos are a great looking and lightweight rim.

·
Supporting Vendor
698 Posts
Actually it looks like there may be both 20" and 21" versions (both looking the same) on some press and car show cars. I think we'll need to wait and see what comes through on the production vehicles.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,953 Posts
I expect that AR used larger wheels on the Stelvio versus Giulia the same way Subaru used larger wheels on my Crosstrek XV versus Impreza: they do not decrease and may actually increase the profile. This is done to raise the vehicle higher without requiring a massive redesign of the suspension. You need clearance for the larger wheel assemblies in the fender wells to make it work, which I seriously doubt is available for Giulia.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I ended up ordering these in 20 inch. I'll take some pictures in the spring when they are on the car. I just feel 20inch fill out the car more. I had a 335 special edition with 20s and looked much better and ride was similar to 19s.
Are those QV wheels for sale?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts