Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm surprised that there are very few 20 inch options for Giulia, as many people think 19 inch is a little to small.

I know Giulia use 5x110, but I need to know ET. I guess that depends on the width of the rim which lead to my next question: Can I use staggered setup with 20 inch wheels or do I need a square setup? I have Q4.

There is so little information on 20 inch wheels, even Reference guide for car wheel and tire dimensions such as size, offset, PCD doesn't list 20 inch options.

Anyone have some information regarding this?

·
Registered
293 Posts
My back and wallet hurt just thinking about 20" wheels on the Giulia. I've had 3 tire blowouts on the 19" ones in less than 2 years and the 20" would make it worse and compromise ride quality significantly with the lesser sidewall.

The OEM values are as below (take with a grain of salt as some resources conflict):
  1. QV wheels are 19x8.5 34ET front, 19x10 41ET rear and will fit a base Giulia.
  2. 2.0T wheels are all 33ET except for the 19x8.5 (34ET, same as QV)

Once source I found recommends 20x9, 30ET but I don't know reliable it is.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My back and wallet hurt just thinking about 20" wheels on the Giulia. I've had 3 tire blowouts on the 19" ones in less than 2 years and the 20" would make it worse and compromise ride quality significantly with the lesser sidewall.

The OEM values are as below (take with a grain of salt as some resources conflict):
  1. QV wheels are 19x8.5 34ET front, 19x10 41ET rear and will fit a base Giulia.
  2. 2.0T wheels are all 33ET except for the 19x8.5 (34ET, same as QV)

Once source I found recommends 20x9, 30ET but I don't know reliable it is.
Thanks. I’ve had 1 blowout in 17 years on low profile tires. I guess I’ve been lucky 😊

I saw a YouTube video of a guy who drove on 20 inch Stelvio wheels. He said he almost didn’t noticed any difference in the hardness from 19 to 20.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I’ve driven about 35k miles on my aftermarket 20s and the ride isn’t all that bad. I’m pleased with it.
my tire size is 245/30/20
Still handles like a champ!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve driven about 35k miles on my aftermarket 20s and the ride isn’t all that bad. I’m pleased with it.
my tire size is 245/30/20
Still handles like a champ!
ET? do you have a picture? 😀

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
My 19 inch OZ's are less than stock on the Quad. They are for the lower models and will not fit over the front quad brakes without spacers. 8 to 10 mm.

19x8 ET 33 front
19X9 ET 34 Rear

Race Gray OZ Leggera HLTs. Thin spoke and sharp looking. I've had bubbles on each front on stock summer 19s. Wouldn't go higher but you can try. More options nowadays. Lemme find a pic and link. I think Forgestars had some 20s that worked.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Here u go.

Reactions: goranimo

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Side, not lowered either.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My 19 inch OZ's are less than stock on the Quad. They are for the lower models and will not fit over the front quad brakes without spacers. 8 to 10 mm.

19x8 ET 33 front
19X9 ET 34 Rear

Race Gray OZ Leggera HLTs. Thin spoke and sharp looking. I've had bubbles on each front on stock summer 19s. Wouldn't go higher but you can try. More options nowadays. Lemme find a pic and link. I think Forgestars had some 20s that worked.
I have 19 for winter and I want 20 for summer. I don’t have QV though, shouldn’t be any issues with brakes?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I have 19 for winter and I want 20 for summer. I don’t have QV though, shouldn’t be any issues with brakes?
No, those ET offsets should work AFAIK.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Spend a lot of time on here. Pretty accurate. I've bought through Tire Rack. 3 sets so far.

·
Registered
246 Posts
i had to get spacers for the front rims. Rim was barely fitting. Not sure with my spacer size is. It’s very very thin. I can post a picture tomorrow.
no issues in the back. I did have to get hub rings I believe that’s what it’s called. My rims were 73 and Giulia is 66. They were around 5$ at discount tire.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
245/30-20 Square. No spacers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts