Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts
It is unfortunate that the DS has had some problems with his Giulia. It does seem that he has not played his hand as well as he could have. I have been in the car sales and repair biz for about 40 years and I am more than a bit fussy about details and expectations. Our Giulia was my first new car purchase (wife has more under her belt) and I was truly concerned that I would not be happy with (potential) lack-luster service from the Dealership. I have been pleasantly surprised, even delighted, with all aspects of the Dealership experience. There have been a few hiccups with the Giulia electronics. Park-Assist module failed after an update, EVAP purge system setting CELs, and an early fight with FCA to install the Apple Car Play-Android Auto system for free. My Dealer fought for me and we won. The other repairs were all done correctly, the first time. Car returned clean, no damage, smelling fresh. Alfa Care has always contacted me to make sure that I was satisfied with my experience. From the beginning I made an effort to be friendly, and I believe that it has paid-off. The Service Manager helped me buy a set of new car take off wheels and tires from a recent new purchase and then helped me sell the tires to a Forum member. Heck, we even go to lunch together when time permits. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Reactions: Giuliano
It is unfortunate that the DS has had some problems with his Giulia. It does seem that he has not played his hand as well as he could have. I have been in the car sales and repair biz for about 40 years and I am more than a bit fussy about details and expectations. Our Giulia was my first new car purchase (wife has more under her belt) and I was truly concerned that I would not be happy with (potential) lack-luster service from the Dealership. I have been pleasantly surprised, even delighted, with all aspects of the Dealership experience. There have been a few hiccups with the Giulia electronics. Park-Assist module failed after an update, EVAP purge system setting CELs, and an early fight with FCA to install the Apple Car Play-Android Auto system for free. My Dealer fought for me and we won. The other repairs were all done correctly, the first time. Car returned clean, no damage, smelling fresh. Alfa Care has always contacted me to make sure that I was satisfied with my experience. From the beginning I made an effort to be friendly, and I believe that it has paid-off. The Service Manager helped me buy a set of new car take off wheels and tires from a recent new purchase and then helped me sell the tires to a Forum member. Heck, we even go to lunch together when time permits. Maybe I'm just lucky.
@AlfaAndy, you are not lucky. What you perfectly describe is what has happened to thousands of customers, in the US, let alone, the whole world. This Forum has more than 8,000 people and only a dozen (or two) of them are complaining, frustrated and annoyed with one of the best car brands in the world. I am sure that they have good reasons to be that way and rightfully so, they are frustrated. But again, those are clearly exceptions and when you put all the numbers together, we are talking about >95% customer satisfaction. If we want to see 100% customer satisfaction, let's move to Mercedes Benz, BMW or Audi (really????).

@AlfaAndy, you are not lucky. What you perfectly describe is what has happened to thousands of customers, in the US, let alone, the whole world. This Forum has more than 8,000 people and only a dozen (or two) of them are complaining, frustrated and annoyed with one of the best car brands in the world. I am sure that they have good reasons to be that way and rightfully so, they are frustrated. But again, those are clearly exceptions and when you put all the numbers together, we are talking about >95% customer satisfaction. If we want to see 100% customer satisfaction, let's move to Mercedes Benz, BMW or Audi (really????).
i tried to lemon my 2018 due to so many issues & downtime + parts taking too long to locate.
but the care from alfacare + dealership has kept me w/ brand to get another one married for next 3 years.

Reactions: Alfa Philly
Two years of ownership as well but with only 19,000 miles and I've been having just as many issues. But I still can't speak about it because I'm still fighting a lemon lawsuit going on for over a year and six months now, covid is just adding to the time line. What an absolutely nightmare :mad:

Two years of ownership as well but with only 19,000 miles and I've been having just as many issues. But I still can't speak about it because I'm still fighting a lemon lawsuit going on for over a year and six months now, covid is just adding to the time line. What an absolutely nightmare :mad:
Why can you state you’re doing a lemon lawsuit but not mention the specific issues that led up to the lemon lawsuit? Just curious. I’ve never gone through a lemon lawsuit.

What were the issues and what year and model?

@AlfaRomeoCares

I've tried everything, I've been to multiple dealerships service departments, I've lamented, pleaded, begged, demanded, and each and every time I have been disappointed, frustrated and ultimately I'm the only one paying for it.

I bought a new 2018 Quadrifoglio in late June 2018 and had the car throwing up error codes on the drive home from the dealership. I've had the car in many, many times for: the "Active Aero" (splitter faults and won't close), "Electronic Throttle Control" (exhaust bypass valve sticking), "Active Torque Vectoring" (dealership unable to duplicate or diagnose), oil leaks, power steering failures, and numerous trim pieces that have simply fallen apart. I've had the turbos replaced and the motor dropped twice due to oil leaks, multiple trim issues. This is the only vehicle in my adult life that has leaked oil 3 times in my garage.

The vehicle has spent months at the dealer, usually with no resolution to the warranty issues, eg. I just had the 40,000 miles service done at 39K and, after two weeks, the dealer could not fix the "Auto park brake" (doesn't release), "Active Aero" (splitter faults and won't close), "Active Torque Vectoring" fault and power steering failure :oops:" (I believe due to the battery moving under cornering causing a short effecting the ATV and the power steering).

Apparently my car does not stores any error codes, I started taking photos on the error messages to record them, no code, no fix is what Alfa Romeo Doesn't Care told me today. If the fault can't be duplicated there is nothing to do. They offered me a 2yr 35,000 mile warranty. When I told them I was concerned that the vehicle would become ineligible due to mileage I contacted Alfa Romeo Doesn't Care and they said don't worry get the vehicle into the dealership. Today, when I ask for the extended warranty offer in writing I get an email today:

Hello (SF)

I regret to inform you that the vehicle is no longer eligible for the Max Care Service Contract previously offered to you in Case 76094XXX. Irder for a MOPAR Alfa Romeo Max Care Service Contract to be added to an Alfa Romeo vehicle, the vehicle must have less than 36,000 miles. At the time that the goodwill offer was originally presented to you in Case 76094XXX, the vehicle had 30,663 miles. The vehicle now has nearly 40,000 miles therefore making it ineligible to have a MOPAR Alfa Romeo Max Care Service Contract added.

Should you have any additional questions, feel free to contact Alfa Romeo Premium Care at the number below.

Alfa Romeo Cares is a joke of an organization, I thought the the prize for a lack of empathy and a complete lack of customer service would usually go to Comcast or AT&T, but my dealings with Alfa Romeo Doesn't Cares have been nothing short of the WORST EXPERIENCE as a customer in my entire life.

I bought the most expensive vehicle that they offered at the time, I paid everything the dealer asked and I have had a car that while brilliant to drive when working, is constantly having problems with the dealer, and Alfa being unable, or unwilling to fix, it's a joke! A bad, and expensive joke.

I was just offered $37k as a trade for a car that sold 22 months ago for $80K (MSRP $89K). The worst reliability, the worse vehicle service experience and the absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced. I feel really quite stupid, for not listening to all those who warned me to reconsider buying the vehicle, I wish I had grabbed a C63 instead.

What a shame that a lack of money, intellectual or human capital, has caused a company to be so woefully inadequate.

This ownership experience has been horrible, and the thrill I get from driving the car is now, sadly, overwhelmed by the disgust, frustration and exorbitant costs I have incurred. I'm sick of it, and reached out to an attorney today, to seek restitution for my losses.

Caveat Emptor!!!

SF

Sorry for your pain....but very well written. Its refreshing to read a well written complaint every now and again.

Sorry for your pain....but very well written. Its refreshing to read a well written complaint every now and again.
Yes if being rude in a public post bashing a vendor service is your idea of well written 😂 it’s also funny the primary complaints are related to error codes and OP states vendor was unable to replicate. So did the car have error codes on it or not when it was taken in? No need to replicate if so. I always feel these bash post are one sided where the OP omits specifics. Post pictures of the messed up trim to make it public. Post pictures of the error codes. OBDII readers are cheap and would provide the people here who care a lot about the brand valuable information to either help troubleshoot or the info would simply provide information for people with similar issues.

Yes if being rude in a public post bashing a vendor service is your idea of well written 😂 it’s also funny the primary complaints are related to error codes and OP states vendor was unable to replicate. So did the car have error codes on it or not when it was taken in? No need to replicate if so. I always feel these bash post are one sided where the OP omits specifics. Post pictures of the messed up trim to make it public. Post pictures of the error codes. OBDII readers are cheap and would provide the people here who care a lot about the brand valuable information to either help troubleshoot or the info would simply provide information for people with similar issues.
I think it's two things really - one is that I think these posts are meant for venting because without any specific details we can't be helpful. I think the second, and I probably guilty of this, is an expectation that I wouldn't need diagnostics tools in this day and age on a regular basis. I agree though that these posts could be slightly more productive. I'm also trying to remember that there's a human on the other side of that computer who has spent a lot of money and time for a product they thought they would enjoy just to have the complete opposite - I would be frustrated. I wouldn't think of them as bash posts but more "loss of patience" posts. There's been a few times I've wanted to do the same..but end up bitching to a friend instead. 😂

I think it's two things really - one is that I think these posts are meant for venting because without any specific details we can't be helpful. I think the second, and I probably guilty of this, is an expectation that I wouldn't need diagnostics tools in this day and age on a regular basis. I agree though that these posts could be slightly more productive. I'm also trying to remember that there's a human on the other side of that computer who has spent a lot of money and time for a product they thought they would enjoy just to have the complete opposite - I would be frustrated. I wouldn't think of them as bash posts but more "loss of patience" posts. There's been a few times I've wanted to do the same..but end up bitching to a friend instead. 😂
i agree. But if I drive my car into the ground I wouldn’t be so quick to bash the build quality. If you look back at OPs previous posts on other topics he mentions he power slides regularly and produces under steering. So can only go off what he says. Somethings on the car are absolutely in need of fixing and can be annoying. But if I’m pushing car to limits frequently I would expect things to start to wear down.

Why can you state you’re doing a lemon lawsuit but not mention the specific issues that led up to the lemon lawsuit? Just curious. I’ve never gone through a lemon lawsuit.
Im just being advise not to by my Lawyer and FCA has gone through all of my social media and forum accounts. I guess is if they "win" the could also add defamation of the brand e.t.c.

While its clear your car has some issues, looking through your post history based on some other posters comments, it sure sounds like you didn't help the situation by beating the crap out of the car at every chance possible. Powersliding it everywhere, alluding to street racing all night, 90 mph highway curves, the fact you managed to rip that diff cooler scoop off the car, etc. Hey man its your car and your life but its clear by the mpg figures you posted too that this car sees nothing but very hard or even abusive driving. And then they offer you a warranty extension (free?) and you say no? Seems like you had some mods too based on your discussion of the centerline X Pipe, which was improperly installed and may have damaged some wiring or who knows what.

As I said, the car may well have its problems, but getting hammered into the ground sure didn't help things.

Kind of absurd people saying you should take an extended warranty offer. Couldn't ever imagine with any BMW I've owned if there were an issue the dealer offering you the extended warranty because they know your car won't last past it where you are expected basically to pay for an insurance policy to makeup for terrible engineering and execution by Alfa. Never had to take any of the 3 BMWs I've owned in for any unscheduled main BTW to begin with. And I always chipped and modded them. Nearly bomb proof.

Kind of absurd people saying you should take an extended warranty offer. Couldn't ever imagine with any BMW I've owned if there were an issue the dealer offering you the extended warranty because they know your car won't last past it where you are expected basically to pay for an insurance policy to makeup for terrible engineering and execution by Alfa. Never had to take any of the 3 BMWs I've owned in for any unscheduled main BTW to begin with. And I always chipped and modded them. Nearly bomb proof.
Funny, my last BMW had all kinds of people lemon their cars because dealerships couldn't figure out how to fix them correctly and they kept having to go back for the same repair. And that was a pretty reliable model, nothing like an n63 engine.

You must think you're addressing 19 year-olds who don't know better. Only looking at the 3-series (the higher numbers are even worse), the N54 was a serially-recurring nightmare of issues and the S65 had its own very significant issues. The newer engines seem so far to be improved (a low bar admittedly) but time will tell. At any rate, there's a reason BMW fresh out of warranty can be bought cheap. Anyone who says turbo era BMWs are "bomb proof" is either a liar or a simpleton. Engine bays are full of an abundance of plastic designed to break within 20k miles after warranty expires. Steaming piles of German automotive excellence.

A member since 2018 and this is what your second post is? BMW love on an Alfa Romeo forum supporting an abusive troll. Such a waste of data.

I have friends with BMWs and they all say don’t buy without an extended warranty or lease. When he first got the car it was in the shop frequently. I love my Alfa and plan on keeping it for many years.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.