Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I'll believe it when I see a prototype at an international auto show. And even then, I will may trade for one if they prove decent.

Reactions: Sal Scotto

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've always preferred sedans.

They look better (subjective, I know), more useful, marginal performance benefit too (who notices ~50lb weight difference?).

·
Registered
249 Posts
I got my QV for the sole purpose of having more "room" as my other vehicles are 2 doors. Pass......

·
Registered
334 Posts
Keep in mind that the described coupe has not even been shown at a European show yet, if they do go ahead and come out with it, you're probably looking at late 2018 in the USA. I'll enjoy my 4 door QV now .........

·
Registered
869 Posts
I'd expect the coupe to be a bridge between the QV and the TI. Maybe the suspension and active parts of the QV but with 350ish hp.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'd expect the coupe to be a bridge between the QV and the TI. Maybe the suspension and active parts of the QV but with 350ish hp.
That's an interesting thought.

What engine would Alfa Romeo use? Tune 2.0T up? Not sure they'd spend money on a third engine option...

·
Registered
869 Posts
That's an interesting thought.

What engine would Alfa Romeo use? Tune 2.0T up? Not sure they'd spend money on a third engine option...
There was already talk about the 2.0 engine being retuned to 350-ish hp. If you look around for dynos taken at the wheel the car is producing ~280 hp meaning the engine is doing more.

Plus, we know they can detune the engine to 200 hp as they did in the European spec model so the software is able to take some amount of tweaking.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
And Alfa Romeo has a lot more to worry about in service network and customer satisfaction around the world. Even now, they have a corporate hold on all 2018 models to try and move all the surplus 2017s off their lots. Some of that is typical industry turn over, some of it is demand driven, or the lack thereof ;) I just read about a Quad owner in the UK on AlfaOwners forum who was promised the local Fiat dealer could service his car. Got the run around when he needed warranty work and in the end wasted a month only to find that no, only the dealer 50K away with qualified techs could service the Quad. It will take 6 months for new techs to train at least. That's only my guess. And the state of affairs right now, model year 2018 upon us, 2017 qualified techs, rare and hard to come by.

Also, if dealers continue to waste one or two months payments on your car, out of service, to fiddle around without a clue, you could spend the money (Quads) on a diagnostic system and do a lot of the adjustments yourself. Heck, maybe even sell the system back to your local service department, haha.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
And Alfa Romeo has a lot more to worry about in service network and customer satisfaction around the world. Even now, they have a corporate hold on all 2018 models to try and move all the surplus 2017s off their lots. Some of that is typical industry turn over, some of it is demand driven, or the lack thereof ;) I just read about a Quad owner in the UK on AlfaOwners forum who was promised the local Fiat dealer could service his car. Got the run around when he needed warranty work and in the end wasted a month only to find that no, only the dealer 50K away with qualified techs could service the Quad. It will take 6 months for new techs to train at least. That's only my guess. And the state of affairs right now, model year 2018 upon us, 2017 qualified techs, rare and hard to come by.

Also, if dealers continue to waste one or two months payments on your car, out of service, to fiddle around without a clue, you could spend the money (Quads) on a diagnostic system and do a lot of the adjustments yourself. Heck, maybe even sell the system back to your local service department, haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts