Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently having a bit of a headache chasing a CEL. I posted up about the code in another thread ( http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/778-alfa-romeo-giulia-issues-problems/36666-p00e1.html ) and wanted to post up my findings to fellow 2.0T owners.

It looks to be that the harness that houses the wiring for the charge air sensor has very high tension and little slack. As much as I want to re-pin the connector and go back to enjoying the car, I have an appointment to bring the car in to service and want to point this out so it's recorded.

I was getting a CEL on hard right turning. Like clockwork, I would turn right hard and the CEL would pop up and disable my drive modes. When the ground wire finally disconnected itself, the CEL became permanent and I began my investigating.

So to anyone getting a P00E1 code on their 2.0T, you can take a quick look at this sensor without having to take anything apart before pulling your hair out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was recently having a bit of a headache chasing a CEL. I posted up about the code in another thread ( P00e1 ) and wanted to post up my findings to fellow 2.0T owners.

It looks to be that the harness that houses the wiring for the charge air sensor has very high tension and little slack. As much as I want to re-pin the connector and go back to enjoying the car, I have an appointment to bring the car in to service and want to point this out so it's recorded.

I was getting a CEL on hard right turning. Like clockwork, I would turn right hard and the CEL would pop up and disable my drive modes. When the ground wire finally disconnected itself, the CEL became permanent and I began my investigating.

So to anyone getting a P00E1 code on their 2.0T, you can take a quick look at this sensor without having to take anything apart before pulling your hair out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was recently having a bit of a headache chasing a CEL. I posted up about the code in another thread ( P00e1 ) and wanted to post up my findings to fellow 2.0T owners.

Thanks 👍 I have the same broken wire

·
Registered
315 Posts

Hello

Today, I got the same error and also while turning hard to the right. Can you let me know if that is easy and quick fix on dealer side or car has to stay there couple of hours ?

Thanks in advance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts