Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
A mode, 70mph with CC no wind (wind will affect +/- in either direction) - 36 mpg

·
Registered
756 Posts
My average since new is 23.5 mpg (US gallons). This is mostly short commutes to/from the office only 8.3 miles each way. One long road trip. The range has been wide. Minimum 18.4 mpg, maximum 39 mpg (in "A" mode cruse control on and set at about 75 mph). Overall am in D 10%, N 80% and A 10% of the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,533 Posts
I'm gonna stop assuming that there's anything wrong with my car and start assuming that you guys are just babying the crap out of yours.
I think that knowing people’s average fuel economy along with their average speed over the recorded trip distance, as displayed in-car, would be insightful.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Set the adaptive cruise to 75 on the freeway yesterday, and reset trip A...avg speed was 73mph, for about 40 miles, N mode, and recorded 35.8 mpg. I'd been at between 27-28 combined over my first week with it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I track my MPG using the Fuelly app and after 30 fill-ups, I’m averaging 21.9. My best was 27.3 (100% highway). The vast vast majority of my weekly driving is around town/backroads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
2018 Base Sport Q4 with 18s here. At last fill up, 494 miles from new, the car was showing average 14mpg. NYC commuting, mostly stop and go, hard pulls when there’s any clear roads. I’m measuring my mpg’s on this tank on my own, so I’ll report back with real numbers. Gotta stop sticking it in Dynamic all the time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Took delivery of my car in So Cal and drove it 400 miles to No Cal. I reset my trip after I cleared the LA traffic and posted 34.5 mpg with an average speed of 72 mph. I was not trying to maximize mpg by any stretch of the imagination, so I was pretty impressed with the result.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just did a Dallas to SW Louisiana (Cajun country!) road trip of over 350 miles and my results are shown in photo. Drove 90% state highways and about 10% on Interstate. Kept it in N mode entire drive except for a touch of D on some windy roads. Also drove pretty conservatively at 5 mph above posted speed limits.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts

I only drive in D mode and never have an issue. Car runs amazing with awesome mpg. That was mostly highway and like 50 miles in town driving. I live in Ohio if that makes a difference. I love my mpg so far. I also drive about 25,000 miles a year, so I'll see how this may trail off or stay the same.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I now have 1400 miles on my Q4 and during the first 800 miles which encompassed the break-in period and was predominantly highway driving (with one sprint up to 90mph) I averaged an astounding 31mpg. My overall average is now 27.9mpg with a mix of urban-rural driving. Spend most time in N or D with a brief foray into A for half a tank with Autostop engaged where I averaged 27mpg, but to me it took a lot of the joy out of driving with the early upshifts. I am very happy and surprised that the Giulia is getting better mileage than our 500X

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport
85 Posts
Regarding the 2.0T Giulia, there seems to be a big gap between the EPA rated 24/33/27 mpg (city/highway/combined), and the Motor Trend tested numbers of 28/38/32 mpg:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/alfa-romeo/giulia/2017/alfa-romeo-giulia-bmw-330i-audi-a4-mercedes-benz-c300-cadillac-ats-jaguar-xe-lexus-is-200t-infiniti-q50-volvo-s60-comparison/

You don't see this delta in the other cars of the comparison test; the numbers are all within 1 or 2 mpg.

All the Giulia/Giulia Ti owners out there, what's your real-life MPG like? Do you see any noticeable change in efficiency when you switch between DNA modes?
I drove it on a 1,200 mile journey about 70% highway and 30% city. Averaged 31mpg from start to finish driving in Dynamic mode with no intention of efficiency.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Regarding the 2.0T Giulia, there seems to be a big gap between the EPA rated 24/33/27 mpg (city/highway/combined), and the Motor Trend tested numbers of 28/38/32 mpg:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/alfa-romeo/giulia/2017/alfa-romeo-giulia-bmw-330i-audi-a4-mercedes-benz-c300-cadillac-ats-jaguar-xe-lexus-is-200t-infiniti-q50-volvo-s60-comparison/

You don't see this delta in the other cars of the comparison test; the numbers are all within 1 or 2 mpg.

All the Giulia/Giulia Ti owners out there, what's your real-life MPG like? Do you see any noticeable change in efficiency when you switch between DNA modes?
I have a 2018

I have a 2018 TI sport Awd, with the performance package. (Limited slip differential) Around town... meaning to the grocery store and back, which is a two or three-mile round trip, I get 18 mpg... sometimes less! I live in Phoenix AZ, and the roads here are flat the humidity low, and the temperature high, which shouldn't really help. If I take a highway trip, from Phoenix to Tucson, (115 miles straight) and put the cruise control on at a steady 75 mph, and use the "A" mode, I get 38 mpg! That's just nuts! Coming back from Tucson, with a small tailwind, the computer stated 41mpg, and the gas fill-ups confirmed it was 39.8. How is that possible? Also, how is it possible for the car to only get 18 mpg around town on short trips? No 2.0-liter turbocharged engine that has 280 horsepower should be able to obtain even close to 40 mpg at a steady 75 mile per hour cruise, but it does. Unfortunately, I don't do a lot of highway driving. So, most of the time, I am lucky to get 22 mpg, which, with gasoline being priced at $2.50 a gallon for premium is the least of my worries.
My observations: Great highway mileage; sucky MPG in the city.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
I have a 2018

I have a 2018 TI sport Awd, with the performance package. (Limited slip differential) Around town... meaning to the grocery store and back, which is a two or three-mile round trip, I get 18 mpg... sometimes less! I live in Phoenix AZ, and the roads here are flat the humidity low, and the temperature high, which shouldn't really help. If I take a highway trip, from Phoenix to Tucson, (115 miles straight) and put the cruise control on at a steady 75 mph, and use the "A" mode, I get 38 mpg! That's just nuts! Coming back from Tucson, with a small tailwind, the computer stated 41mpg, and the gas fill-ups confirmed it was 39.8. How is that possible? Also, how is it possible for the car to only get 18 mpg around town on short trips? No 2.0-liter turbocharged engine that has 280 horsepower should be able to obtain even close to 40 mpg at a steady 75 mile per hour cruise, but it does. Unfortunately, I don't do a lot of highway driving. So, most of the time, I am lucky to get 22 mpg, which, with gasoline being priced at $2.50 a gallon for premium is the least of my worries.
My observations: Great highway mileage; sucky MPG in the city.
Giulia 2.0T burns a lot of gas during warm up. The car does not warm up in 2 mile grocery run, so it is constantly sucking gas. Probably not very good for the engine either.
No doubt, electric cars are way better for grocery runs than gas cars.

I get about 22-23MPG driving about 6 miles to work and back (ed: clarification, that is 6 miles each way) and 30-31 MPG at a constant 70MPH on a level highway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2.0 200hp with 1300 miles on the engine so far, I’m getting 34.5mpg on my 40mile round trip to work. Driving mainly in N, very happy to be honest.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Average for me since new (2 years total) is around 23 mpg. I use the car mostly for work commute but an occasional longer trip. The best figure of 39 mpg was measured driving to Canada from Southern Ohio and using A mode and at 75 mph using cruise control. A more recent trip to Nashville gave me only 29 mpg but I drove faster and never used cruise or A mode on that trip. I normally use N for the short work commute of about 7 miles each way - but use D for more spirited and fun trips :D
Lowest mpg (not shown here) was about 18 mpg.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
2017 TI Sport Q2, 21,500 miles.

Just bought it 6 days ago and went through my first tank of fuel and hand calculated the mileage. 31.8 MPG! That's a 41 mile commute to work each day, cruise set at 77 mph. Driving almost entirely on N.

201 - 217 of 217 Posts