Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At, say, 40 mph if I floor the accelerator the car hesitates for about a second. The RPMs actually drop by a few hundred momentarily. Then pow the car accelerates at full power. It's like I've caught the engine napping. It happens in both D and N (haven't tried A). This seems to be more than just turbo lag because it happens even if I have the RPMs high to begin with. Is this typical for the 2.0L cars? My driving habits have adapted to it, but it still doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
473 Posts
When you say that you "floor it", are you literally "flooring it", or are you just pushing the pedal deep for aggressive acceleration? If you are literally "flooring it", then you might be confusing the computer, and it is trying to decide if you really wanted to do that. The computer seems to always be second guessing what the driver intent is, which I find to be extremely irritating.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
It might also be the slight delay while the trans shifts to the appropriate gear. Having 8 gears seems to slow down the gear choice process.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts