Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure it's a coincidence with the mileage (40,001) but today I took my car out at lunch and stopped somewhere on the way home. When I restarted the car after a couple minutes the system went crazy. CEL, warning of no day time lights available (they are on), no fuel gauge, turn signals do not work, brake lights do not work, start/stop feature disabled, trunk release button in the car doesn't work (works with the remote only) and unlock/lock buttons do not work in the car, and the infotainment system will not power off. Motor runs solid nothing odd sounding or feeling while driving other than no DNA button functionality as well.

Currently the car is sitting with the battery disconnected for a short time to see what resolve that may bring. Anyone familiar with these symptoms happening at once? I know someone will ask, the battery is the original Alfa branded battery.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Premium Member
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
110 Posts
Battery. Solves 75% of the "crazy" with this car.

·
Registered
133 Posts
This may sound really dumb, but I had a similar problem, but not quite as severe sounding as your situation - it started with no auto/start, CEL, no lights, no DNA, ... starting and stopping the car about 7-10 times in a row caused all to return to normal. I have a 7/2017 build and it has probably happened about 4-5 times in the 4+ years that I've owned the car. I was not alone and somewhere there is a thread about it with about 20 of us affected. Never had it straightened out because it never happened when at the dealer.

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
464 Posts
I would have it scanned at the dealer at some point. I had a similar situation and it turned out to be the fuel pump.

Reactions: Saxman

·
Registered
335 Posts
Where do we put the Giulia on the crazy/ hot scale?
With either model the Giulia is probably in the Danger Zone. On the hot scale the non-QV is a 9 while the QV is a 9.5; on the crazy scale the non-QV is at 8.5 with the QV sitting firmly at 10.

·
Premium Member
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
110 Posts
With either model the Giulia is probably in the Danger Zone. On the hot scale the non-QV is a 9 while the QV is a 9.5; on the crazy scale the non-QV is at 8.5 with the QV sitting firmly at 10.
Hahaha, I was going to say upper right quadrant but on the Danger side of the line!

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
I doubt Alfa paid their bills with gartner but the proposed placement is correct.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts