Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I know these engines are direct injection engines with the multi air unit. I was wondering as I accelerate I hear either the injectors or valves. It isn’t the turbo that’s for sure. Just wondering if it’s normal to hear that “clack” as I accelerate.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I don't hear any clacking noise when I accelerate. You sure it's not the turbo?

·
Registered
789 Posts
clacking or quacking?

I just hear a woosh... grrrrr... and vroom...

no quacking, just clapping, cheering, jumping up and down sounds as 149mph comes up in a hurry.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I hear clacking when he engine is cold. It sounds like injectors not valves. Long duty cycle for injectors with a cold engine?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Have you listened to another 2.0 for comparison? Or had the dealer listen to it? We can't hear your car :(

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m going to get an oil change soon so I’ll just see if we can listen to it while we take a test drive. Hard to describe, as the speed increases you hear it progressively louder it’s like a clack/whoosh I think it’s the injectors but I would think they get quieter as you as accelerate

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would personally think it is part of the di engine. Ford is the worst offender, with the engine constantly clicking and clacking to the point that I know it's a Ford without looking back, I can just hear the ticking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts