Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have not driven both, I wanted to share my observations as a Giulia 2.0 owner of 9 months, and having just been driving a Stelvio as a loaner for a few days. While there are great similarities, the two drive/feel quite a bit different. The Giulia is a base 2.0 RWD, the Stelvio also base (AWD) that had the Sunroof and Sport package options.

1) Stelvio feels slower especially in N mode.
2) Stelvio has more noticeable body roll in tight curves.
3) Braking feel was calibrated softer, and maybe not as strong stopping power (subjective)
4) OK so the 1st 3 items are probably simply due to added weight and the higher center of gravity.
5) Visibility is quite poor compared to Giulia.
6) Turn radius much worse than Giulia.
7) Subjectively a bit noisier inside than the Giulia (both engine vibration and tire road noise)

I am not a fan of driving SUVs, so maybe a bit biased, and the Stelvio maybe in fact one of the best SUV's out there, just keep in mind it will fall a tad short of the Giulia from a driving pleasures point of view.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,757 Posts
Agree with all but #6. However, my Giulia is AWD. Base interior more spartan than optioned Ti but not unpleasant. My biggest disappointment after poor visibility was that rear seat room wasn't increased more. Drove great for an SUV/CUV, though.

Reactions: GioSailor
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.