Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this week I went to BMW to drive both of the cars above.
I wanted to see what 6 cylinder car would feel like. This sparked due to being spanked on the highway on more than one occasion on acceleration by a 440i that lives in my neighborhood. My cars does not have any ECU tune, but does have a go pedal and EC V4 Intake. I am unsure what the 440i had done.

I was hoping to feel an great power difference when I drove the bimmers compared to my Alfa, but I really didn't. In fact the Bimmers felt rather heavy and did not seem to handle as well as the alfa. Once I finished the bimmer's test drives, I drove the same route with my Alfa and in the same manner and the Alfa felt more sports inspired.

I also did not like the placement of the paddles on the BMW's. and their sport seats weren't as great as my AR sport seats. The BMW have a nice dash board and look more aggressive, but I was not too sold on the power, handling and the paddles...

I did like the HUD and the shifter was much nicer to shift in manual mode. When putting the BMW's in sport and sport + modes, the rpms did not seem to increase like the do on the AR when switching between DNA.

Has anyone had the opportunity to compare a AR 2.0 G to a BMW 340i?
I am looking to make my car faster and have more power, but I am really unsure the two ECU upgrades at the moment can really compete with a 6 cylinder car with similar mods.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I am not sure what your question is..440 has 3l I6 turbo with 70HP more, if you tune both 440 will still be faster....

440 also has heavier nose and number steering so naturaly Giulia 2.0 drives and handles better, heck even 430 drives better than 440 because of lighter front end

F30 is now also an old platform by now, new model coming soon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.