Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Just purchased my Giulia QV last week. Awesome car, love it! Looking to do some minor upgrades so decided to join here to learn more. I purchased this car from my best friend in Florida and had it shipped to Minnesota. It's a 2017 Quadrifoglio with 14K miles.
Scott

·
Registered
2017 Giulia QV Rosso Competizione
67 Posts
Very nice. I almost bought one with that wheel combo.
I've had my QV for three months now and I marvel every time I drive it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you! What color is your car?... Never mind, I see it's Rosso Competizone, same as mine.

I'm thinking about changing to a darker colored rim. What's odd is that my window sticker shows a wheel upgrade to yellow calipers and dark rims, yet it has silver rims?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thank you! What color is your car?... Never mind, I see it's Rosso Competizone, same as mine.

I'm thinking about changing to a darker colored rim. What's odd is that my window sticker shows a wheel upgrade to yellow calipers and dark rims, yet it has silver rims?
Beautiful car and congrats. Welcome to the family. Really like how the bright wheels look on this car. Dealer likely swapped the wheels for the buyer of your car or to make someone else happy. Once again welcome.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beautiful car and congrats. Welcome to the family. Really like how the bright wheels look on this car. Dealer likely swapped the wheels for the buyer of your car or to make someone else happy. Once again welcome.
Thank you!
Yeah I was thinking the wheels were swapped somewhere along the line. I bought the car from my friend, she was 2nd owner. So rims must of been changed by 1st owner.

·
Registered
2019 Alfa Giulia Ti Sport Q4
104 Posts
Welcome. I like the specs on that ride. I live up in the St. Cloud area. Perhaps I’ll see you at a Wheels of Italy event or Cars and Coffee when they start going again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you!

I'll be sure to check out 1 or both of the events. Hopefully things get going again soon! I know many early car shows/events have been cancelled.
Scott

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,532 Posts
Mlps? You must be from the São Paolo side! 😉

Congrats on the killer rig and welcome!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
3 owners in 3 years? What was reason for 1st owner selling it to your friend? I know some early on 2017 had minor electrical glitches that most competent dealers could easily fix but some just seemed lost and many new owners gave up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1st owner had it 2 years, not sure why they sold it. My friend bought it from a dealer, she had it 1 year. No real problems with it. She lives in horse country area in FL and decided she wanted more horses, that's the only reason she wanted to sell it. She was selling it on her own which is tough on a car like this. She just had lowball offers and didn't want tire kickers showing up, especially with this covid-19 thing going on. I got a good deal on it from her and then had it shipped to Minnesota.

The only issue I know of is when both her & I raced it at the drag strip in Gainsville last summer. It shut down on the 2nd run and went into limp/safe mode. I raced it on 2nd run and at about 3/4 track it shut down on me, still did a 12.8 @ 88mph. It wasn't a serious code and were able to clear code with diagnostics tool. After that she took it to dealer and they did some diagnostics on it for a few days. Sounded like it was fuel pressure related. Not sure if they really resolved anything?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
1st owner had it 2 years, not sure why they sold it. My friend bought it from a dealer, she had it 1 year. No real problems with it. She lives in horse country area in FL and decided she wanted more horses, that's the only reason she wanted to sell it. She was selling it on her own which is tough on a car like this. She just had lowball offers and didn't want tire kickers showing up, especially with this covid-19 thing going on. I got a good deal on it from her and then had it shipped to Minnesota.

The only issue I know of is when both her & I raced it at the drag strip in Gainsville last summer. It shut down on the 2nd run and went into limp/safe mode. I raced it on 2nd run and at about 3/4 track it shut down on me, still did a 12.8 @ 88mph. It wasn't a serious code and were able to clear code with diagnostics tool. After that she took it to dealer and they did some diagnostics on it for a few days. Sounded like it was fuel pressure related. Not sure if they really resolved anything?
sounds like a good deal. Enjoy. 12.8 @ 88mph sounds like something def wrong lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sounds like a good deal. Enjoy. 12.8 @ 88mph sounds like something def wrong lol.
Thanks!
Yeah it shut down and basically coasted the last 100 yards... I'm not sure what 1/4 mile times the QV is capable of but I figured I would of been in low 12's at about 112mph.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome. I like the specs on that ride. I live up in the St. Cloud area. Perhaps I’ll see you at a Wheels of Italy event or Cars and Coffee when they start going again.
I most likely have run into you at WOI events. I've also owned Ducatis, and used to bring my Hyperstrada and my 2013 Abarth to their events! Who knows how their events will or won't play out this year, but we remain hopeful!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts