Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did the 1st obvious mod to me, the QV spoiler. I had a friend help me and he had some red pinstripe in his car...we ran one line down the center of the diffuser fin and I may do all three....thoughts?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
that's a tough one! If it were me i'd probably do all three as i'm not sure what one adds on its own

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Pops on the black, I like it! A style point; keep to one as-is, IMO.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
When i consulted a professional vinyl installer to wrap the defused in carbon fiber about a year ago, he advised against it. if you touch the surface of the diffuser, you will see it’s not a flat surface; it has small groves that will create air pockets. Over time, the vinyl just rips off due to wind and debris getting it to those air pockets. The strip therefore may last a week, two tops before it disappears or just slips off when washing.

Unless of course you actually paint it :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agreed, the area has a textured surface to it and it may not last long. I did a similar red line on the rear diffuser of my Mustang and it's held up for 2 years.
Obviously it's not an area I wash aggressively. I don't think it's worth painting but I may leave it for a little while and see what I think.

Thank you all for your opinions :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Unless it's already done, I say tint your windows. That's always the first "mod" I've always done on my vehicles.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, tint is next....my first mod, the spoiler, was already waiting to be installed when I picked up the car. I have tint and paint protection going on a week from today and then a full ceramic coating for the whole car and wheels. Then maybe an exhaust and chip(tune).

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
I do like the overall concept. Perhaps take it to another level.... get a bright red LED strip the length of the middle diffuser blade.... drill a small hole for the wire and glue the strip to it..and connect it to the tail lights... between the connection add a relay that makes the light blink when you press the brakes. So it makes it look like an F1 brake light :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thinking back on other cars I have had, I had a Nissan Silvia and within 6 hours of owning it (ok the bank owned it), I had tinted the windows, new rims, new exhaust, and new steering wheel. With the Giulia, I am starting with the Madness cold air intake and Remus cat back. Not counting the little tray in the center console or the front plate holder. I don't even have plates yet. haha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.