Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I need to find out if 18 "discs come on Giulia QV. It seems there is enough space between brake and wheel. I want to buy 18 '' discs with semi-slick tires on the circuit. The semi-slick tire is a huge difference in the price of 18 '' vs. 19 ''.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
All this worry about wheel and tire sizes. Try a 5mm spacer or cut some sheet metal and make a couple layers of spacer and torque your bolts to spec as usual.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Hi all, I need to find out if 18 "discs come on Giulia QV. It seems there is enough space between brake and wheel. I want to buy 18 '' discs with semi-slick tires on the circuit. The semi-slick tire is a huge difference in the price of 18 '' vs. 19 ''.
that was a nice thing about the M3, the 18's that were stock were great for track use and you had many options for aftermarket rims that were very light...however the Quad is a different animal and I think that as she was developed from the ground up with suspension & tire/wheel sizes as they are...
take the hit and track her with the 19's worth the xtra money??..
BTW Tommino(spelled Tomino in my parts is a cheese!~a really good one!:grin2:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have the steel brakes, some 18" wheel options will fit but you need to be really careful on offset and caliper clearance.

If you have the carbon ceramic brakes 18" wheels will not fit, the brakes are too large.
Thank you for answer. Yes, i have steel brakes. Now I just have to get such an ALU to keep the space between the brake and the ray.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that was a nice thing about the M3, the 18's that were stock were great for track use and you had many options for aftermarket rims that were very light...however the Quad is a different animal and I think that as she was developed from the ground up with suspension & tire/wheel sizes as they are...
take the hit and track her with the 19's worth the xtra money??..
BTW Tommino(spelled Tomino in my parts is a cheese!~a really good one!:grin2:
The problem is not discs but tires. It is a really brutal difference in the price of 18 '' and 19 '' semislick tires. I can get the 18 '' semislick Federal Tire for 120USD / 1pcs - I'm tired of being really good at that price. But the 19 "semislick tire is no longer manufactured by Federal. And 19 '' of other brands are about 4 times more than Federal tyre. Which is really a lot when I take into account that I will buy three sets of a semislick a year.

I do not solve ordinary road tires. Now I've got the first P Zero Corsa AR set and as a next purchase of the Michelin PS4S or the Michelin Pilot Sport CUP2 in the 19 "size.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good Lord. is this after a track day?

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have been watching Savageese's youtube channel for some time now. I was excited to see he was able to get his hands on a QV. It was one of the first ( if not) only really detailed videos of the car at the time and I love how he delves into the ins and outs of the cars he reviews. He does have some annoying nit pick items but overall he was impressed with the vehicle and so was I. He really doesn't skimp on his reviews, his RCF and Mustand GT350 review are some of my favorites.

I'm currently a Lexus ISF owner and was dead set on replacing my car with the GSF and after watching this review I was sold on the QV... After consideration and constant debate on the Lexus forums about how Lexus is still missing he performance point.. the QV outshined the competition and ill be leaving Lexus ( I hope I don't regret it, lol)..
That is a very good and smart decision. I am confident that you will not regret it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
That's weird this was posted to this thread and not the Ferrarri influenced thread. Humm. Let me fix this..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.