Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of picking out the Giulia I am going to buy, my local dealer has been great helping me find the one I want. In general I want a black Ti sport, loaded with red interior. He found one at a dealer about 5 hours away he is willing to DX in for me, however this one has 19" wheels, the one he gave me for my weekend extended test drive had 18"s

Has anyone driven on both enough to be able to tell me how much of a difference the ride quality is?

I realize the 19"s will ultimately handle better, but this car already handles better than the XJ I am replacing, and I have no intentions to do track days or anything. I am more concerned with the ride, I was very happy with the ride of the car I drove and it handled better than I will ever find the limits of.

The car he found me, has the bright polish 5 hole wheels, which I have never seen in person, and my dealer has only ever sold one. But in the on-line pictures from the other dealer it looks stunning. I do want the 5 hole wheels but I thought they were only available in the dark finish, and I'm not really into the murdered out look of all black. So I love the look of these wheels. I know the tires will be more expensive to replace, so I want to know if the ride will be worse as well. Don't want to pay extra for wheels that are going to make me miserable in the long run!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
How much did it cost for the wheel and tire set?
From the other thread:
http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/602-wheel-tires/13170-mounted-5-hole-19x9-all-four-corners.html#post165858

Racer Z said:
The entire package including tires cost me about $3,500. My dealer claims to have given me a special price, so I won't quote any prices. The guide pins cost me $1.10 each and will be discussed later. The TPMS valves did not include nuts which I was able to purchase from my tire shop.

·
Registered
332 Posts
In my experience on these cars, the 18in RFT to 19in RFT comparison with the stock pirellis, the 18s were quieter and absorbed more of the road imperfections. It was notable. Mind you, this is on two cars that were without the adaptive suspension which might help a bit on the dampening due to larger wheels. Now going with a different set of tires on the 19s will probably result in a quieter ride, not that the stock tires are THAT bad.

I have ti lusso on order with the 18in wheels which serve as winter wheels and a set of new 19in technicos for the summer which i still need to get tires for.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,735 Posts
I didn't notice a big change in ride quality when I switched from 19" to 18" for the winter.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
In my experience on these cars, the 18in RFT to 19in RFT comparison with the stock pirellis, the 18s were quieter and absorbed more of the road imperfections. It was notable. Mind you, this is on two cars that were without the adaptive suspension which might help a bit on the dampening due to larger wheels. Now going with a different set of tires on the 19s will probably result in a quieter ride, not that the stock tires are THAT bad.

I have ti lusso on order with the 18in wheels which serve as winter wheels and a set of new 19in technicos for the summer which i still need to get tires for.
Right and right. We bought a Lusso which came with bright 18's. I wanted dark 5-hole (19 inch only). It doesn't snow here so I don't need winter wheels, but the narrower 18's would be a better winter choice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the input, the dealer said he hadn't had anyone complain about ride with the 19's either. I am getting the adjustable ride shocks so when I am just commuting I can set it to soft setting anyway, and I am sure that will make a difference. The car I took on the extended test drive didn't have that option. However the first one I drove on my initial test drive did, and I liked it. So the car he is getting me has that option.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Thanks for all the input, the dealer said he hadn't had anyone complain about ride with the 19's either. I am getting the adjustable ride shocks so when I am just commuting I can set it to soft setting anyway, and I am sure that will make a difference. The car I took on the extended test drive didn't have that option. However the first one I drove on my initial test drive did, and I liked it. So the car he is getting me has that option.
Nice. We had to special order our Ti to get the active suspension. What I really wanted was the LSD and paddle shifters, which includes the adjustable shocks. Having driven with and without, I much prefer the Ti Performance Package.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.