Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks! If you have a GPS/Brain you've probably figured out I'm from SpaceNeedleVille, Worshington; Land of Microsoft, Costco, Amazon, Paccar, Bow-wing, Nordstrom and Tutta Bella Neapolitan Pizzeria plus a few other small start-ups.

I've owned in the past a few hot cars: 1974 Datsun B210, 1990 Accord 4 cyl and currently a 2001 Accord 4cyl. My claim to fame here is that my oldest bother back in the 70's owned a Giulia, what a classic, he loved it! That's why the ubiquitous TV ad with the Quadrifoglio caught my previously predictable attention. For several months it was my dream car. But when I checked the price my dream car slipped way down to the AWD Giulia Q4. I knew I had to have the Mamma Mia Red and no sunroof (Sunless in Seattle). Other than that the sports package inside/outside looked nice and the large info screen were my only desires. Guess what, by the grace of The Sushi God (my wife is Japanese), I found that exact car on a local dealers website, the only exactly same Giulia I have yet seen online. After several days of reading all the test reviews and the owner's manual twice, my princess and I walked very casually into the dealer's showroom and said, we're just looking! I'm 6-4 and after I sat it a Giulia and realized there was plenty of extra room for me, we said, oh can we look at that red one over there?

An hour later the very nice sales guy said, why don't you take it home overnight for a test drive. I hesitated for a few seconds trying to hide the saliva running down my cheek and casually said, ... well ... OK! The rest is history and I won't bore you. My father was an office manager for 30 years at a BMC dealer, so I was familiar with many fun British cars, Jag's, sedans and XKE, Austin Healey, Sprite, Rover, MG/MGB, Triumph, etc. Those were back some years but the memories of a fun sports car/sports sedan never left me. I'm dead on hooked on my new Italian girl, Giulia. My wife is also in love.

She is absolutely gorgeous and turns heads wherever we go. Today I had 6 people in the Costco parking lot complimenting us about the new Giulia.

I'm retired but feel like a young kid since we brought home Giulia! To me she is a sports car cleverly disguised as a sports sedan! I'm so happy to be here in the midst of other Alfa Males and Alfa Females.

Chuck :laugh: :smile2: :x

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
congrats and welcome :) You have the mirror of mine (minus the caliper color) and I know what you mean about the looks. Driving yesterday I had some idiot in a Honda Accord drive onto my side of the road and nearly head on smash me at speed... I want to think they were on the phone but I think they really got lost is a beauty trance... be careful out there ;D

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I get what you mean about next lane gawkers!
I'm thinking maybe some of those boat bumpers might help.
I see they come in Giulia colors!

Next, I have to figure out how to discourage all the young
girls chasing after Giulia and me. My wife just laughs!

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,716 Posts
Thanks! I get what you mean about next lane gawkers!
I'm thinking maybe some of those boat bumpers might help.
I see they come in Giulia colors!

Next, I have to figure out how to discourage all the young
girls chasing after Giulia and me. My wife just laughs!
I see you say Worshington too. My mother is from Snohomish (sp) and everybody makes fun of her saying Worshington.

The boat has plastic fenders on the side. I don't think you will get far at the Marine store asking about bumpers.

Nice car. Red is my very close second choice for color, but I ended up ordering Trofeo white.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I see you say Worshington too. My mother is from Snohomish (sp) and everybody makes fun of her saying Worshington.

The boat has plastic fenders on the side. I don't think you will get far at the Marine store asking about bumpers.

Nice car. Red is my very close second choice for color, but I ended up ordering Trofeo white.
Thanks! I call it Mama Mia Red.

My parents and three siblings moved from Montana to the Seattle area where I was born. My mother always said worsh
the clothes and Worshington. I thought that was a local Seattle/PNW thing. Then we were discussing it awhile back
in my Audio/HT forum. I mentioned it and someone corrected me and several others backed him up, that it was a
Midwestern pronunciation. Bingo! I remembered that my Mom was born in Wisconsin and moved to Montana at age two.
Maybe your mother's parents were from the Midwest, or our mother's played Canasta together? :laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts