Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be prepared before buying a Giulia, I've been doing some research. Also, thought it would be like an M3, with a harsh suspension, so I have not been motivated, until now. It is not!

My DD is a BMW 535xi Touring Wagon with the Dinan Stage 2. HP from 300 to 375. Torque from 300 to 415. So it moves well.

I bought my first Giulia new in 1968. A Super.

In trying to find a set of 16-inch alloy wheels there has been no success.

Some may have looked into to these for snow tires. One concern is fitting over the brake calipers.

When I had the Giulietta Spider, it had the "Big Brakes" up front. When I got the TZ-Ti style of alloy wheel the fit required skimming a little off the drums on a big lathe.

Any advice on "sixteens" for the new Giulia?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yes, the brakes are too big (330mm front, 320mm rear). 16" wheels can only be fitted to 136, 150 and 180hp diesels, and to the 200hp petrol, which come with smaller brakes as standard (305mm front, 292mm rear).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you looking for a winter set or track wheels?
Neither--for regular use with 225/55/16 tires--all season--put them on and leave them on.

I'm not a fan of low-profile or run-flat tires.

225/50/17 Continentals on my TouringWagon and it is not good on harsh pavement. On the same pavement my 101 Spider with the Vred Classics 155/80/15 was very comfortable, yet good on back road tours. Wet or dry. New "vintage" tires have about 40 percent better traction than back in the day with Pirelli CN36s.

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts