Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first car. And I started to learn how to drive after I bought the car! It's all happened in a month. I got my learner permit, I bought the car, I learned how to drive with a driving school and some friends, I got my driving license. And I started to drive to work, to rock n' roll concert, to the beach, to the mountain... It's 1500 miles now today. And I love my car!
I always have a question, is the driving still be fun if I drive another car? I may never know the answer. This morning I wake up and go to buy film tickets. I opened the door and saw the car. She is just sitting there. And she is so beautiful.
>:)

Attachments

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hi Notus and welcome to the Giulia forum. More photos please.

To answer your question about driving another car, I don't want to come across as an old fart know it all. I drove my first car at age 16 in 1960. It was a 1950 Buick. So I have been driving for 58 years. I'm not a racer or track guy, but have driven everything from a 1964 Jaguar E-type to a Morgan, to a Ausitn Healy Sprite, to a ton of German, Swedish, American and Japanese cars, plus a French car (huge mistake!) and a 1938 Mercedes sedan. I have even driven a 60ft articulated bus plus a very long semi. Almost forgot, I drove my first wife crazy. My second and current wife thinks the Giulia is simply marveloius!

.....the driving still be fun if I drive another car? .... The answer is: NO (That is my final answer!)

Seriously, I have never driven or owned a car even close to our Giulia for a huge bang for the buck value. It is a marvelous driving and performing sports sedan. I don't think many young drivers ever get to have such a awesome first car. You are one fortunate person. Love that great car and be very careful.

If you ever do unfortunately have to drive a different car be sure and have one of these with you (see photo below). :D

Attachments

·
Registered
857 Posts
Yes welcome to the forum Notus. Like JuliaQ4nut I’ve had many cars too. My first was a 1959 Hillman Minx, with a column 3 speed manual gearshift (early version of paddle shifter haha!). And that was an old used car that cost me all of 40 GB pounds!
How nice it must be to go straight to a Giulia.... anyway, enjoy it and have lots of fun.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Wow! You certainly picked a great car for a first one. Enjoy your new found freedom.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Honestly the first car I really loved was my Mini Cooper. One of the deals we had was that I would be trading her in on my Ti Sport loaded. I became stressed over it and almost backed out. My husband decided he wanted the QV and I said well then I am keeping my Mini and we get rid of the other spare. So I am 4 months into the QV and he drives the Mini as the 4 mile commuter. I never thought I would say this because I still really like my Mini for a lot of reasons but given the ultimate choice over the QV,,,,,,I take the QV everywhere I go. So it was a win win. I know I would have a great deal of issues going to anything with sub par acceleration. I am not the biggest fan of the looks of the QV, But I am the biggest fan of the power. Different cars for different purposes. If you like off roading (you have a truck or Jeep) if you want performance you get a car like the Giulia or QV or M, you want a fun around town gas sipper get a mini.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome to the forum Notus !

WOW, I feel pretty OLD reading some of these threads! It's great that you are able to learn and start driving with an Alfa Romeo.. Be prepared to be very spoiled! You are starting at the "top"...

The first vehicle I drove was a Ferguson farm tractor when I was about 12 years old. It was thrilling actually (everything is relative of course). Then learned on real roads in my parents '57 Plymouth. My first car was a used '56 Buick, followed by a '66 Karman Ghia, then a '64 Jaguar E-type convertible (car almost put me in the poor house). Then a Fiat 124 Sport Coupe followed by a '72 Datsun 240Z, Porsche 924, a Saab 900Turbo and Saab 900 SPG, a Volvo (not sure what I was thinking), BMW 335, BMW 435 with M-Sport, and now the Alfa.

And you guessed it...NO car has been as enjoyable and fun to drive as this Alfa !

Oh, almost forgot, I bought a brand new Series IIA Land Rover in 1970. Kept it running for 42 years and the Land Rover dealer folks bought it back from me in 2012. It was a faithful and loyal companion, but you definitely needed another car for driving on pavement :smile2:.

Be Safe and Have Fun !

Tony

Reactions: He's Deaf

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the warm reply! I know Giulia is special and choose Giulia as my first car is also special. I read all the first car stories and now I know that every "first" car is special. So I am so proud of having Giulia as my first one. I am still a new driver so there are already some scratches on the bumper... But I am happy that the car and I learn how to drive together. I really enjoy driving it, either go to a nearby market or into the mountains.
I have more photos to share, thanks again!

(notice the first one, that's where I put the vintage Quadrifoglio sticker ;)

Attachments

Reactions: gsrx
1 - 10 of 10 Posts