Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just had my 10,000 mile service at the dealership, and all went well, except for a fail on getting the Infotainment > Car> Status > Maintenance to be reset to show the next service interval. I am seeing “Scheduled Maintenance Expired” instead of the mileage countdown.

Do any Alfisti (MacGeek?) know the process for resetting this value? Anyone else with the same problem or insights.

My dealership tried twice to make it reset, and probably will have to open a ticket with AR Tech to get the answer.

Ciao,

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
Is the car still giving you the warning message at start-up?

The dealer wasn't able to reset either the start-up message or the day/mileage countdown in the infotainment system on our QV.

I reset it pretty easily with Multi-ECU Scan on a laptop.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just had my 10k service last week, everything was set correctly...

·
Registered
787 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
ACCORDING TO FCA TECH THE PROCEDURE TO RESET IS AS FOLLOWS:

Oil Change Indicator - Reset
• To reset the oil change indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance), refer to the following procedure.
• Without pushing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button and cycle the ignition to ON/RUN position (do not start the engine).
• Fully depress the accelerator pedal, slowly, six times within 10 seconds.
• Without pushing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button once to return the ignition to the OFF/LOCK position.

NOTE:
If the indicator message illuminates when you start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not reset. If necessary, repeat this procedure. If the above process fails to complete, use the scan tool to complete the reset process.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Guys?
Did we just get an Alfa Romeo service tech in the forum?

Stoked!

·
Registered
787 Posts
ACCORDING TO FCA TECH THE PROCEDURE TO RESET IS AS FOLLOWS:

Oil Change Indicator - Reset
• To reset the oil change indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance), refer to the following procedure.
• Without pushing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button and cycle the ignition to ON/RUN position (do not start the engine).
• Fully depress the accelerator pedal, slowly, six times within 10 seconds.
• Without pushing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button once to return the ignition to the OFF/LOCK position.

NOTE:
If the indicator message illuminates when you start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not reset. If necessary, repeat this procedure. If the above process fails to complete, use the scan tool to complete the reset process.
I remember reading in another thread that this did not work on the Giulia.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Possibly, but this is what FCA calls for as a reset procedure. Otherwise it will need to be done through witech (basically our scanner) at your dealer, our lube bay sometimes brings us cars for this reset, but you need to do a reset in the pcm as well as the bcm or cluster (can’t remember which), that’s something you’ll need to discuss with the lube bay/dealership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts