Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, yesterday I crossed 10,000 on the odometer, and for the first time ever, I saw THREE OTHER Giulias in traffic - a Misano blue which is most likely the same car I see at a local office complex, and then a burgundy color (I guess also an '18 color) not two minutes later, and then a Silverstone grey on the interstate. So FOUR of us were cruising around the Ol' Pueblo yesterday.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
And I missed the party. That burgundy is Monza. Lucky you to see so many. My QV is surrounded BMW, Benz’s and Tesla’s. She is proud to be different. Besides, I never see any of them detailing their own cars....where is the love.

I will keep an eye out for your cars. Maybe just hangout at Pueblo :eek:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AH, and after over a year of ownership (what have I been doing?? WORKING??) I finally took THE Southern AZ drive on Sunday the 22d. Too late to miss traffic, so I had to be civilized, but here's a road worthy of the car. 32 miles, almost exactly an ascent of 7,000 (seven thousand) feet, desert to scrub to deciduous forest to Alpine forest:

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
11500 now!! NO PROBLEMS!!

Reactions: JMody

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
798 Posts
Magnificent Mt Lemmon

AH, and after over a year of ownership (what have I been doing?? WORKING??) I finally took THE Southern AZ drive on Sunday the 22d. Too late to miss traffic, so I had to be civilized, but here's a road worthy of the car. 32 miles, almost exactly an ascent of 7,000 (seven thousand) feet, desert to scrub to deciduous forest to Alpine forest:
That is one great drive-it must’ve been thrilling in the Giulia. Too bad about a high traffic/weekend situation, because that is an epic drive when you can let her fly.

Did you happen to try the auto start stop when you got to elevation? You should’ve found that above 6000 feet or so it no longer gets in your way.

Enjoy,

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, what I've found about Start/Stop is that when the thermometer never goes below 85, the battery must boil off just a touch of electrolyte and I only have about 12.3-12.44 volts from the battery, and that disables it. So no, I didn't get to see any relationship to altitude.

But given how some others describe the dead battery experience, I think I'll be adding distilled water on a regular basis.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
We will give that one a shot. We love the drive up to Heber and going up the switch backs through Salt River Canyon is a blast. I am able to redeem myself after my initiation drive taking that in a Mini Cooper. The pack of Shelby’s behind me were po’d. Now I was able to smoke them in the QV. A proud day indeed. Climbs in A mode like nothing. Wouldn’t use R for that route only because I see too many cars that went off the cliff that they haven’t picked up yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts