Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, awesome website! Joined in June knowing I wanted a QV!

Had a Z4 for 10 years. Convertible Z4 then I got the Z4 coupe e86. Had to get 4 seats, I'm Italian and didn't want to downgrade, so obvious choice! Not gonna lie that 2007 Z4 coupe was a good investment since it helped with the downpayment. This thing is a BEAST. Never drove anything like it. Never had such a nice car. At first wanted white, was iffy on gray. But I had my eye on this for a little while and finally saw it in person. The tecnico wheels with the gray sold me. And my wife was awesome to support me..she actually wanted me to get it right then and there. And I did lol we actually walked back in after first leaving the dealership.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Land vehicle Wheel Sky Vehicle

FEW QUESTIONS! (Like I said previous car was a 2007 so lots of new features lol) never had keyless and I never had Bluetooth

1. How to turn off lane warning?
2. Can android audio work without phone being plugged in? (Android audio is awesome)
3. Confused on the auto stop turn off feature...on my way home last night it did not turn off when stopped at the red light...today it did. So that's confusing because I never touched that button with the A on it yesterday.
4. Dash cam...if using USB which is my only option...do I need to unplug the dashcam every time I turn off the car?

Any tips? And intro guide? I don't have paper owners manual. No second key, should I order a second? I think that's all I got for now. Figured out DNA & race mode. Hood wasn't opening, but today it opened. CAR SOUNDS SO NICE. Seats are so comfy. Still playing with the infotainment screen. There is soooo much

Going to alfa dealership next week to order GTAm side view mirrors because those things are awesome. Also to get a warranty. I couldn't get a quote yesterday at that dealership

· Registered
2018 Rosso Ti Lusso
36 Posts
Awesome car. Buy your warrant thru Chrysler online. No dealer markup that way and you can compare years/ mileage and levels of coverage. I have always bought my warranties online thru the manufacturer and saves lots of $$.

· Registered
458 Posts
FEW QUESTIONS! (Like I said previous car was a 2007 so lots of new features lol) never had keyless and I never had Bluetooth

2. Can android audio work without phone being plugged in? (Android audio is awesome)
3. Confused on the auto stop turn off feature...on my way home last night it did not turn off when stopped at the red light...today it did. So that's confusing because I never touched that button with the A on it yesterday.
4. Dash cam...if using USB which is my only option...do I need to unplug the dashcam every time I turn off the car?
1. Push the button on the end of the turn signal (left side) stalk.
2. Not out of the box, but there may be an adapter available. I use an adapter to give me wireless ACP.
3. Whether auto start/stop (aka ASS) engages is dependent upon a number of conditions, so the car may not have met those conditions when it didn't turn off.
4. No idea - sorry.

Beautiful QV. I'm generally not a fan of black, white, or grey cars (I like colors), but the Alfa gray is particularly alluring, especially, as you noted, with the black Technicos.

· Registered
4,226 Posts
Congrats! You got an engineering masterpiece Dream Car !!!. Get familiar with the car with a quick read to owner's manual (hopefully it's in your glove box and if not, there is a digital one on-line). There is good information there to get you started. I also think that it is a good advice to get a MOPAR extended warranty, assuming that you want to keep it for several years. Enjoy that beauty!.

· Registered
5,666 Posts

Had a Z4 for 10 years. Convertible Z4 then I got the Z4 coupe e86. Had to get 4 seats, I'm Italian and didn't want to downgrade, so obvious choice! Not gonna lie that 2007 Z4 coupe was a good investment since it helped with the downpayment. This thing is a BEAST. Never drove anything like it. Never had such a nice car. At first wanted white, was iffy on gray. But I had my eye on this for a little while and finally saw it in person. The tecnico wheels with the gray sold me. And my wife was awesome to support me..she actually wanted me to get it right then and there. And I did lol we actually walked back in after first leaving the dealership.

View attachment 135417
View attachment 135416
View attachment 135418

Any tips? And intro guide? I don't have paper owners manual. No second key, should I order a second? I think that's all I got for now. Figured out DNA & race mode. Hood wasn't opening, but today it opened. CAR SOUNDS SO NICE. Seats are so comfy. Still playing with the infotainment screen. There is soooo much

Going to alfa dealership next week to order GTAm side view mirrors because those things are awesome. Also to get a warranty. I couldn't get a quote yesterday at that dealership
Congrats on the car. Download a pdf of the User Manual here. More useful in this format than the paper version anyway.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on the car. Download a pdf of the User Manual here. More useful in this format than the paper version anyway.

Nice thanks just downloaded and going through it. Not much mention of Auto stop/start

· Registered
Giulia Q 2017
78 Posts

· Registered
5,666 Posts
Nice thanks just downloaded and going through it. Not much mention of Auto stop/start
Should be almost 2 pages covering the STOP / START SYSTEM, including conditions for the system to operate. For my 2021, starts on page 100.

Also, be sure to check around for your paper manuals. They were too big for the glovebox, so people store them in a variety of places (under the passenger seats, in the cutout under the trunk deck, in the battery storage compartment, etc).

POSSIBLE REASONS THE ENGINE DOES NOT AUTOSTOP
For higher comfort and increased safety, and to reduce emissions, there are certain conditions where the engine will not autostop despite the system being active, such as:
 Engine still cold.
 Especially cold outside temperature.
 Battery not sufficiently charged.
 Driver's door not shut.
 Driver's seat belt not fastened.
 Reverse gear engaged (e.g. for parking maneuvers).
 With the automatic climate control active, an adequate cabin heating or cooling comfort has not been reached or with MAX-DEF function active.
 During the first period of use, to initialize the system.
 Steering angle beyond threshold.

Reactions: Glenn

· Registered
151 Posts

View attachment 135417
View attachment 135416
View attachment 135418

VERY HAPPY FOR YOU FRIEND!!

· Registered
2019 Giulia Ti Sport Q2
36 Posts
Try adjusting the rubber bumpers higher on the frame near the front edge of where the hood closes. A little more pressure will help the latch release. Too high and the edge of the hood won’t line up well with the bumper.

· Registered
1,216 Posts
yeah, a year ago the hood of my '18 QV would not open some times, so I dropped by the Alfa dealer, & the service manager slightly tweaked the rubber bumper height and been fine ever since. The Carbon Fiber hood probably doesn't have enough weight to open without a precise adjustment of the bumpers. If you are going to try this yourself, be sure to have some way to open the hood before you attempt it yourself, in case you get it wrong and then have to get the hood open to resolve it. Be gentle with the hood release cable, it is flimsy and can break too.

Now at 36K wonderful miles in my own '18 Misano QV. Only mod is the Forza exhaust controller, and getting another two front Michelin AS4 tires on the front in a few days. The fronts have 24K miles on them, and since I live in SC, where rain is an often encountered circumstance, I want new ones, the rears were recently replaced.

I get an oil/filter change every 5K miles or so, and thus far my engine oil analysis reports are perfect. I never drive in A, but just exercise it for a few minutes occasionally at highway speeds. I always turn off my Stop/Start when I start and drive away. I also do not "lug" my engine at lower speeds; I keep it in D to keep the RPM above 2K always in traffic, and usually flip a downshift a gear or two if I anticipate needing a little power in traffic. My mpg is 25+ at a sustained highway cruise, and I get around 21 or so in town driving. Just for security, if I don't plan on driving my Alfa for more than 4 or 5 days I hook up a "maintainer" per the easy wiring suggestions for it found elsewhere on this forum. I also have the extended Mopar warranty. My Alfa does not want me to "brake-hold" the throttle for a more rapid "launch", which for me is just to get away from a stop light more quickly; it will respond with a stored code if I do. I have to wear skinny shoes so I don't press on both throttle and brake with my big feet.

Personally, I never drive in R, because even in D my QV will spin the tires on a near full throttle acceleration. Too many trees just at the side of the road here in SC. The tire low pressure warning for my rears is about 30 degrees, only a few degrees less than the 32-33 pounds of pressure I prefer to run in my rear tires, so in cooler weather, I check and adjust my tire pressure often to keep the warning light off. I use a race grade digital pressure gage. I also keep a foot long section of a 2X6 board in my truck, so in case of a flat I can raise the flat tire enough to get a low profile jack under the car to get the wheel off. You can't release the transmission to "roll" the car unless you disengage the ZF via a short 10 mm bolt on the driver's side of the transmission; I have one partly threaded in to do just that in case I have to have my car pulled up on a flatbed, so the truck's winch doesn't have to just drag my QV onto the bed for transport. I keep a small cheap click socket wrench in the car jus for that.

Alfa's are not buy-and-forget cars, but will reward you with a superb driving experience. all the best... NAM VET

· Registered
2022 Giulia Veloce Sport Q2 Vesuvio Gray Metallic
410 Posts
The bottom line is Passion that only Italians do best in everything they do and create is in their DNA something that you have or you don’t. We can go on their culture and look at life enjoying what has to offer is expressed in materialistic and way of living with Passion this is what makes Alfa special and unique it’s like you can feel it every time you take a look at her and get behind the steering wheel and take her for a spin she puts a smile on my face or yours something some of other vehicle don’t give you.

· Registered
5,666 Posts
Just learned about the auto start stop deactivator. How come not mentioned more? Lol anything bad about it?
It’s mentioned many, many times on the forum. Nothing bad about it, no one has ever reported a problem. For me, pushing the button is just a reflex part of starting the car, and I prefer to keep things all original.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats! Thats a sick car :love:

For the dashcam, my advice is this: 4K Nieuwe Wifi Auto Dvr Dashcam Camera Voor Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Gta Veloce Voor Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio 2016 2021|DVR-/dashboardcamera| - AliExpress

Chose the middle option for wiring to the light module in the ceiling. It will auto start and stop, no wiring sticking out and has parking function.
Hey thanks! Is this hard to install? Or is there a video? My Alfa dealership won't do it...

· Registered
Giulia Q 2017
78 Posts
Hey thanks! Is this hard to install? Or is there a video? My Alfa dealership won't do it...
Its pretty easy to install. took me like 30mins
I had a hard time disassembling the module in ceiling because i was afraid to break it :)
And after installing and connecting the cables, its a bit hard to put back the module.
After all its worth the time and effort.

Here is a video showing the procedure:

(3) Installation|FITCAMX| Dash Camera for Alfa Romeo Giulia & Stelvio - YouTube

1 - 20 of 20 Posts