Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking on the My Mopar site at information about my car and it says that I have a 1-year Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan active on my car. The description of the plan says "ALFA DEDICATED OPTIONS". When I try to download the plan provisions, it gives an error.

Does anyone know what this is an how it differs from the normal 4-year warranty?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was looking on the My Mopar site at information about my car and it says that I have a 1-year Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan active on my car. The description of the plan says "ALFA DEDICATED OPTIONS". When I try to download the plan provisions, it gives an error.

Does anyone know what this is an how it differs from the normal 4-year warranty?
I also have no idea what it is.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried calling the 800 number given in the web site and after giving all my information, they said that they didn't know what it was either. They said to try calling the selling dealer. Huh? This was the Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan office and they don't know what the plan provisions are? I sent an email to my dealer to see if he has any idea.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I saw that too. I was thinking it had something to do with the free 10k/1 year service.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, my dealer got back to me and they said that this is just the free 1st oil change, value $110. It must be used within one year of purchase.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The App is a total embarrassment. It has a link on how to connect your phone to UConnect (Alfa does not use that system), and if you go to the manual, it brings up a QV (I have the 2.0).

·
Registered
399 Posts
I think that plan is the 10K one year maintenance plan. The app worked for me did you recheck your car vin you entered? That gave me a issue in the beginning.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
You know I don't have anything on the one year I just have the Mopar extended vehicle warranty MaxCare. I thought everything goes off the VIN. When I talked to the dealer when I first got the car he checked my VIN number and said just come in before your year is up. I think our check ups are around $375 (diagnostics aren't free) oil change, fluid top off etc. Anyway that is what I was told to estimate. I think that is why they told me they would not honor the Alfa premium care maintenance plan. If they are reimbursed only $110 you pay the rest. It is not like the other extended warranty beyond the 4 years. However, the first year is covered it will be the maintenance ongoing beyond year 1 that we didn't buy the plan since it was not going to take care of our share 100%.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I was looking on the My M
opar
site at information about my car and it says that I have a 1-year Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan active on my car. The description of the plan says "ALFA DEDICATED OPTIONS". When I try to download the plan provisions, it gives an error.

From what I am told by Alfa and the servicing dealer everything is covered on that car for the first year. Even if your CCM brakes fail or battery dies it is covered. After that it is all maintenance that you pay for but year 1 it is all covered

·
Registered
460 Posts
From what I am told by Alfa and the servicing dealer everything is covered on that car for the first year. Even if your CCM brakes fail or battery dies it is covered. After that it is all maintenance that you pay for but year 1 it is all covered
Maybe I am losing the plot here. If a 4 year warranty only covers parts that fail for the 1st year, what is covered under the warranty. Doesn't the warranty cover items that fail prematurely for the entire term of the warranty? (My FCA warranty on my 500c and 500X covered diagnostics and all systems for the entire term of the warranty. Are you saying that the FCA warranty is inferior on the upscale Alfa line?)

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Maybe I am losing the plot here. If a 4 year warranty only covers parts that fail for the 1st year, what is covered under the warranty. Doesn't the warranty cover items that fail prematurely for the entire term of the warranty? (My FCA warranty on my 500c and 500X covered diagnostics and all systems for the entire term of the warranty. Are you saying that the FCA warranty is inferior on the upscale Alfa line?)
3 plans (sorry but I may have the call names wrong)

1. Year one, everything is covered including maintenance type items that would normally not be covered by the extended warranty beyond 4 years 50,000miles. Your year one Mopar also gives you the first oil change check up free.
2. Max Care (Mopar) - we have 8 year 125,000 mile $200 deductible for major repairs (brakes excluded unless defect)
3. Maintenance contract (our dealer called this Alfa Premium Care)- This covers oil changes and what ever is defined by the maintenance schedule. But these are maintenance items year two and for some coverage period

We just have #1 (comes with all vehicles) and #2 which covers us 4 more years beyond the standard four year warranty for Major repairs.

Someone else can weigh in on the diagnostics portion. I think as long as you have an issue that is covered by warranty diagnostics are covered. If not and it is part of my annual oil change, belts, spark plugs I will pay for it. It could be up to the servicing dealer. It may be that I have that wrong but that is what I was told. Glad to have misunderstood. You can all Alfa USA or your servicing dealer and ask them if / when diagnostics are covered.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Your standard 4 year warranty covers major repairs not "maintenance" items

·
Registered
630 Posts
I tried calling the 800 number given in the web site and after giving all my information, they said that they didn't know what it was either. They said to try calling the selling dealer. Huh? This was the Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan office and they don't know what the plan provisions are?
Not very confidence inspiring, is it? My dealings with the Mopar Vehicle Protection Department were less than ideal. Their inability to help resolve several plan discrepancies (aka bait and switch) is why I cancelled my Alfa Romeo Premium Care plan.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Not very confidence inspiring, is it? My dealings with the Mopar Vehicle Protection Department were less than ideal. Their inability to help resolve several plan discrepancies (aka bait and switch) is why I cancelled my Alfa Romeo Premium Care plan.
Got it. The last thing I want to hear is that you need to contact the selling dealer. What I did do when the out of state dealer was selling me the warranties I called the servicing dealer and said "Okay, I come to you with this plan, what happens?" that is when they told me that that the servicing "oil, belts, sparks' are not 100% covered. However the MOPAR Max care is good. That is the big stuff not that oil changes, belts, spark plugs are not pricey but it is not a big part failure. That is ordinary maintenance. The local dealer said go ahead and get the Mopar Max Care you are good. Skip the maintenance. You pay 1600 or 1900 for the maintenance plan (oil, belts yadda yadda after the first year and guess what you will get a bill) so I let the out of state seller that sells a lot of vehicles that the maintenance plan for routine maintenance is not honored by all dealers. The explanation I was given is that the "servicing and maintenance" plans don't have to be bought off on by all dealers. So maybe the selling dealer doesn't have an issue taking a loss on oil changes and diagnostics. My local dealer did and they were up front. I asked the local dealer if they are still working through the issues with Alfa and he said yes. He said this stuff is all new so if they come up with a plan they will let me know.

I assume nothing anymore and I find myself still surprised. Doesn't take away from the AR. The dealers need to be more upfront and available for questions on the warranties. That is complete BS to be pushing you off onto Alfa if they don't understand the warranty than they should not sell them. Period. Mic drop.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Would you mind sharing the "discrepancies" helps us all be a little more prepared. I know the only warranty I have is 9/125 Maximum Care. Was the Alfa Romeo Premium Care the coverage for oil changes, wipers, belts, spark plugs, wheels?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Got it. The last thing I want to hear is that you need to contact the selling dealer.
That's what the Mopar Vehicle Protection Department told me to do when I inquired about the so-called "contract discrepancies." So over the course of multiple discussions with the dealer, they finally admitted they understood my concern about what the actual contract said it did and did not cover. The dealer still tried their hardest to convince me to take them at their word and that everything would be just fine. I told them I needed it all in writing from corporate. The dealer promised to "follow up" with their corporate contacts at FCA to resolve it but they never did reach a resolution. So my only recourse was to cancel. Which is a pain in the ass in and of itself.

However the MOPAR Max care is good.
Not all Mopar Vehicle Protection plans are available to all consumers. For instance, customers who lease are not eligible for Mopar Maximum Care or Added Care Plus plans.

My local dealer did and they were up front. I asked the local dealer if they are still working through the issues with Alfa and he said yes. He said this stuff is all new so if they come up with a plan they will let me know.
Don't hold your breath! Alfa has been selling cars here for more than 2 years and these kinds of problems will, in all likelihood, persist in perpetuity. It's just sad.

I assume nothing anymore and I find myself still surprised. Doesn't take away from the AR. The dealers need to be more upfront and available for questions on the warranties. That is complete BS to be pushing you off onto Alfa if they don't understand the warranty than they should not sell them. Period. Mic drop.
It's no wonder why customers hate dealerships in general and why Alfa Romeo consistently ranks near the bottom of every customer service oriented survey around the globe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts