Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went on a road trip from ATL to Daytona Beach, FL, further to Panama City Beach, and back to ATL. I am glad to report that there were no issues with the vehicle. Something much more impressive; I filled up the tank in PCB, and arrived in ATL with still a half tank of gas left.

Now that I have about 3,700 miles total on the vehicle, I am going to bring it in, and get an oil change done, get the windshield wiper sensor replaced, and have them look at the front fender, which does not seem to line up very well.

Other than that, did not see one Alfa Romeo during the entire trip, and got asked three time what kind of car it was, and of course the accompanied complements.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
So I went on a road trip from ATL to Daytona Beach, FL, further to Panama City Beach, and back to ATL. I am glad to report that there were no issues with the vehicle. Something much more impressive; I filled up the tank in PCB, and arrived in ATL with still a half tank of gas left.

Now that I have about 3,700 miles total on the vehicle, I am going to bring it in, and get an oil change done, get the windshield wiper sensor replaced, and have them look at the front fender, which does not seem to line up very well.

Other than that, did not see one Alfa Romeo during the entire trip, and got asked three time what kind of car it was, and of course the accompanied complements.
That’s good to hear. What’s the issue with the wiper sensor?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I did an est. 1,000 mile road trip to Montreal going around Lake Ontario (Canadian side) and the car is an absolute dream on long distance. Even with the sport bucket seats. I have around the same amount of total miles (3,500 or so). Already an oil change?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hello all. Just one thing and it could be me, but why does it seem to big such a big thing when this car goes anywhere and come back with out issues. Shouldn’t we expect this from a car of this background and status? If a Honda, Toyota or Nissan went from NY to CA and back and had no issues nobody would think anything of it.

The Giulia does a 1.3K trip it seems like a miracle. Like I said it could be me but I would expect this car to make a trip like that and then some. I would be upset if it couldn’t. Maybe I need to start looking at this differently, am I missing something?

·
Registered
646 Posts

You stop by Seaside and Watercolor?

That part of Florida I’d be shocked if you saw another Alfa. It’s mainly pickup trucks, muscle cars and Asian SUVs, except for the tourists cars (such as yours).

·
Registered
383 Posts
Very nice! I'm going to take mine on an 800 mile trip down to Myrtle Beach, SC in August (1600 miles in total). Just took it on a 400 mile round trip up north in my state and zero issues there as well!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
"shouldn't we expect this"?

yes, we should
I sure do - and I've had rental Alfa's, 164 and brea in europe for road trips, not exactly pampered garage queens and the supposed unreliable era - and had no issues with them.
Our bmw is now ten years old - and I still expect it to have no issues on road trips either.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello all. Just one thing and it could be me, but why does it seem to big such a big thing when this car goes anywhere and come back with out issues. Shouldn’t we expect this from a car of this background and status? If a Honda, Toyota or Nissan went from NY to CA and back and had no issues nobody would think anything of it.

The Giulia does a 1.3K trip it seems like a miracle. Like I said it could be me but I would expect this car to make a trip like that and then some. I would be upset if it couldn’t. Maybe I need to start looking at this differently, am I missing something?
No, you are correct, when you spend that kind of money, you should expect a reliable vehicle. I did not mention it with the idea that it is a miracle that the car made it, I mentioned it to inform those that are in the market and are not sure about the reliability, the car was just fine.

As for the windshield wiper sensor, it is glued on the windshield and it seems that it is falling off, and so the sensor does not detect rain.

Reactions: August

·
Registered
69 Posts

It's not a big deal - it's just by not sharing good stories only bad news gets reported. Most of us (myself included) have had great experiences with our new Giulias.

·
Registered
399 Posts
No, you are correct, when you spend that kind of money, you should expect a reliable vehicle. I did not mention it with the idea that it is a miracle that the car made it, I mentioned it to inform those that are in the market and are not sure about the reliability, the car was just fine.

As for the windshield wiper sensor, it is glued on the windshield and it seems that it is falling off, and so the sensor does not detect rain.

Understand I had a few questions when I purchased mine on that very subject. I know the wiper sensor is a pain or at least a inconvenience but they should be able to knock that out. I wish you luck and a speedy fix to that. I’ll post my next good experience for owners and potential future buyers as well.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
It's not supposed to have issues>:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts