Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide if I want the $1,200 driver assist package. I really don’t care about lane departure....not sure how important the other features are. What do you all think about it?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I got it and think it is worth the $$, especially is someone else will also be driving the vehicle.....

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I think the front collision warning is awesome.
I have it set at the lowest sensitivity and it already saved me once from hitting the car in front of me. A distraction can happen to everybody...

·
Registered
693 Posts
I think the front collision warning is awesome.
I have it set at the lowest sensitivity and it already saved me once from hitting the car in front of me. A distraction can happen to everybody...
Front collision warning comes on the QV even without the driver assist package. So does the blind spot monitoring. I didn’t get the package and I have no regrets. I can dim my own headlights and stay in my lane ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
lol its almost free isn't it, might as well get it, if he's doing what you told me its a good selling feature in the future

·
Registered
271 Posts
Waste of money. I have it because was in my car--I turn off all the garbage I can. Annoy nanny stuff.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
atx, living in the past.
maybe your "live in the future" bit is a bigger crock than it appears at first glance.

of course some of us are quite comfortable living in the past, without "garbage/annoy nanny" stuff.

·
Registered
271 Posts
atx, living in the past.
And some of us know how to drive and stay in our lane and not hit anyone. My car has this feature and I have no use for it (sorry that bothers you).

You've been warned by mods (and your two boyfriends/snowflakes as well) and before you know it you will be banned. Please put me on your ignore list as you have zero value to me.

·
Registered
573 Posts
And back to the thread......

The only reason I got both drivers assist packages is because that is the only way to get the Adaptive Cruise Control. Since the Giuli a Ti Sport will be my road trip car I wanted it. Other wise I wouldn't have gotten either package.

Reactions: ATXQUAD

·
Registered
736 Posts
I told my wife I wanted to try the adaptive cruise control for similar reason to Woodstk88. (I haven't even tried it yet though). It's not the first vehicle in the household that has had it, but probably the most advanced version. The two others: '04 Sienna, and '12 E-Class.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You’re right Whatsthematteryou. Our boy is hooking me up. I was curious at to how useful it is.

What about the infrared windshield? Can you tell that it does something?

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I just can't wait for the future to come, so you can chase the latest molded plastic whatever, which isn't exactly a future material, but plastic people like plastic stuff.

your silly little banner was intended to insult others, but once again just demonstrates how foolish you are.

like I said - although it's tough for you to comprehend, I have no need for the "future" devices that you "have no use for". sadly you are too slow to recognize what your ridiculous slogan is saying about you.

edit - are you requesting that the mods designate this a "safe space" for you?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have it..works fine. These features will become more common on all cars in the near future..remember ABS?...I saw it as a way to keep the car relevant.

·
Registered
68 Posts
not a fan of the package. i wouldn't have gotten it if i could have found a similar car without it installed. lane departure is extremely annoying when exiting the freeway or if there are lane pattern changes (not to mention switching lanes without using a signal, which everyone is sometimes guilty of).

blind spot monitoring is somewhat useful, but it thats included already, then i wouldn't buy the package. although i'm not one to ever use cruise control or whatever the auto headlight feature does.

i'd save the money. use it to upgrade something else

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm one of those extremely careful divers and follow way back, use my cruise control a lot, have my mirrors adjusted to eliminate any blind spots and change lanes cautiously. I've never had an at fault accident or moving violation in 53 years of driving. However, I thoroughly enjoy the Giulia in D and manual mode and haul ass many times (with my halo on). I am a former police officer and guess I have that sixth sense.

For most normal folks and chronic tailgaters I would seriously consider these extra packages as worthwhile. :smile2:

Reactions: SDdreamer

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,744 Posts
Isn't the auto-dim outside mirrors coupled with one of the assist packages? Anyone who drives at night on dark roads at more-or-less legal speeds wants this feature.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I use the adaptive cruise control all the time and the forward collision warning gives me some piece of mind, so I say it's worth it

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Another thought, insurance savings. My base model, with the FCW (sticker $47k), is about $100 a year less to insure than a base model without FCW ($42k). I also like the system.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I had similar system on my older S8 and didn’t like it.

The Ti’s system is better.
I turned off lane departure though. But the active cruise control is awesome.

Blind spot also great since B pillars in this car block some visibility.

I have frontal collision at lowest setting, and I’ve never triggered it because I don’t drive like an asshat.

Easily worth the $1200.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts