Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, the dealer who sold me my Quad has offered a 1,000 km / 2 month FREE service (also stuck this information as sticker on my driver's side internal window).

I enquired with the dealer to see what it is for and they said it's just to make sure the car is running perfectly as an inspection, but it's not compulsory as FCA sets the first service at 15,000 km / 12 months.

Just wondering what they may do and what is really at play? Anything offered 'free' by a business isn't free, it's a guise to make money through a side offering.

The car is running perfectly in my driving experience and to go to do this inspection will cost me half a day of my time.

I do understand things can come loose in new machinery, but once again, FCA isn't advising or making this first early service a requirement.

If anyone has experience with this or insider knowledge, would appreciate the sharing of info.

Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is something that the Sydney dealer that I bought my 4C from, did as well. I didn't mind because it was free. I think it only took a couple of hours. I don't think it should have any effect on your warranty if you decide not to go as it's not officially part of the servicing schedule.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is something that the Sydney dealer that I bought my 4C from, did as well. I didn't mind because it was free. I think it only took a couple of hours. I don't think it should have any effect on your warranty if you decide not to go as it's not officially part of the servicing schedule.
What was the result of this service for you?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm inclined not to bother so don't waste time. If something was wrong I'd notice it, and if something goes wrong it'll be under warranty which I'll just get service then. Otherwise will just be services following FCA schedule.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Tell them you want a "break in" oil and filter change...that's it....

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've looked a lot into early break-in oil changes too and I'm inclined not to. If it was necessary, FCA would specify.

Also I understand the first oil put into the car from factory is a one off that contains additives designed for the new engine, and will last until first standard oil change.

To change the oil early would negate the purpose of the factory one-off blend. I don't know the technicals of this, but maybe an expert could expand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts