Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1101 - 1120 of 1124 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
There's rumors of tq limits in low gears but honestly 1st and second go by so quick and have low load so i wouldn't be surprised to see lower boost there and not sure more would even do much on a rwd car but would on awd.

Interestingly, piggybacks bypass torque limits because the ecu is fooled into thinking it has lower boost and torque than even stock so looking at my logs yeah youll get lower boost in 1-2 due to very low load in those gears but by third you get more...

View attachment 111410
Thanks for the graph, you're still making a lot more boost than me in 1st and 2nd, which is probably my technique ...

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport, RaceChip Black Gts, Burger tuning Intake, Resonator Delete, Quad tips
25 Posts
Rectangle Azure Font Line Slope

Reactions: Drew and Airflow

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport, RaceChip Black Gts, Burger tuning Intake, Resonator Delete, Quad tips
25 Posts
Good time! You like that race chip? Work good?
Yea I really enjoy it! Although, sometimes I feel like my times arent always consistent. They bounce between 4.4-4.7. Now Im assuming that temperature plays heavily as it has been 75f+ everyday.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Yea I really enjoy it! Although, sometimes I feel like my times arent always consistent. They bounce between 4.4-4.7. Now Im assuming that temperature plays heavily as it has been 75f+ everyday.
Yes temps. DA etc. can play a small part in 0-60. Traction and surface is biggest part. 4.4-4.7 is consistent. I can go from 3.3-4.3 lol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes temps. DA etc. can play a small part in 0-60. Traction and surface is biggest part. 4.4-4.7 is consistent. I can go from 3.3-4.3 lol.
wow that's a big range lol. With the humidity in the area lately I've been struggling to break 4.8 but that just makes me that much more excited for the winter. Modded my car during the spring and summer so I am excited to see how it acts under cold weather

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
wow that's a big range lol. With the humidity in the area lately I've been struggling to break 4.8 but that just makes me that much more excited for the winter. Modded my car during the spring and summer so I am excited to see how it acts under cold weather
Should def see improvements with cold weather in 1/8 and 1/4 times. 0-60 is pretty much not affected by DA unless it’s like 45,000 on a mountain top. Warmer weather better for comp tires.

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
How are you guys launching? My 60ft can't break 1.93sec. tried 2500-3200 break torques. Car will not let me above 3200 as the breaks give and nannies kick in (thanks Toyota!)

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Ti Q2, Performance Pack
2,254 Posts
3k on the q4 is the way to go. If you have built boost you should be well into low 1.8x

·
Registered
25 Posts
2750- 3k is where I get the best times

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,301 Posts
Isn't that just a function is not getting traction off the line?

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
3k on the q4 is the way to go. If you have built boost you should be well into low 1.8x
K tried that as well, i'll just need to mess with it. I do have RACE mode and i do get slightly better times vs. Dynamic. I'm wondering if the pedal booster is messing with it since it hits WOT quickly.

2750- 3k is where I get the best times
Thanks, similar to 1.8's i presume? I just can't break 1.9 eeeeeeeerf

·
Registered
25 Posts
K tried that as well, i'll just need to mess with it. I do have RACE mode and i do get slightly better times vs. Dynamic. I'm wondering if the pedal booster is messing with it since it hits WOT quickly.

Thanks, similar to 1.8's i presume? I just can't break 1.9 eeeeeeeerf
I managed to get a 1.86. I have the pedal booster aswell and it definitely increases my times. Not by an insane amount but definitely an increase. How is it you did race mode? Is it a q4?

1101 - 1120 of 1124 Posts