Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1081 - 1100 of 1124 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,407 Posts
I have a question about using a dragy; if you turn it on, will it record all acceleration runs automatically, or do you have to manually tell it to record a run each time? E.g. if I pull up to an on ramp and quickly stop before accelerating to 60+, would dragy record it, or would I need to tell dragy to start recording? Thanks

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I have a question about using a dragy; if you turn it on, will it record all acceleration runs automatically, or do you have to manually tell it to record a run each time? E.g. if I pull up to an on ramp and quickly stop before accelerating to 60+, would dragy record it, or would I need to tell dragy to start recording? Thanks
the dragy will record all runs. You don’t have to start it for each one. As long as the app is open and connected it will record.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
the dragy will record all runs. You don’t have to start it for each one. As long as the app is open and connected it will record.
That's what I was hoping for. Thank you

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport, RaceChip Black Gts, Burger tuning Intake, Resonator Delete, Quad tips
25 Posts
Got my draggy in today and had to give it a shot, roads were still a little bit wet from the rain this morning but don't think this was that bad of a run.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Booom yaa

Wysłane z mojego HD1913 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Great run. I would love to hybrid turbo on mine. My fastest 0-60 4.34 , 4.18 with 1 ft roll out. Haven’t been able to beat that yet. I have been close but that is my best. Mine is a Q4 so I know you are putting down some power with rwd getting those times. Congrats!!

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport, RaceChip Black Gts, Burger tuning Intake, Resonator Delete, Quad tips
25 Posts
Reactions: Airbender

·
Registered
4,407 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got a bit of a better run today by 0.1. What do you guys break boost to? I found 2500ish is typically the best I believe

Reactions: JeFizz and bhvrdr

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Ti Q2, Performance Pack
2,368 Posts
View attachment 111093 Got a bit of a better run today by 0.1. What do you guys break boost to? I found 2500ish is typically the best I believe
The highest you can go without electronic intervention or traction issues. On my rwd car with ps4s thats 2200rpm. Yours might be different.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Does anyone track boost on their 0-60 runs in a 2.0?
Gears fly by so fast 0-60 its hard to get a ton of datapoints but otherwise yeah ive datalogged 0-60 or 0-130.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gears fly by so fast 0-60 its hard to get a ton of datapoints but otherwise yeah ive datalogged 0-60 or 0-130.
I ask as I'm seeing less than 1 bar in first, approx 1.2 in 2nd, it's only into 3rd when I get decent boost levels (then the run is nearly over). I know boost level is lower in 1st and 2nd, but wondered if this was normal or is the TC system limiting boost or similar? I don't aggressively brake boost, but still thought things would spool up a little more quickly.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,215 Posts
I ask as I'm seeing less than 1 bar in first, approx 1.2 in 2nd, it's only into 3rd when I get decent boost levels. I know boost level is lower in 1st and 2nd, but wondered if this was normal or is the TC system limiting boost or similar? I don't aggressively brake boost, but still thought things would spool up a little more quickly.
The ECM/TCM will limit boost until 4th hear I believe.

Reactions: dubs

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I ask as I'm seeing less than 1 bar in first, approx 1.2 in 2nd, it's only into 3rd when I get decent boost levels (then the run is nearly over). I know boost level is lower in 1st and 2nd, but wondered if this was normal or is the TC system limiting boost or similar? I don't aggressively brake boost, but still thought things would spool up a little more quickly.
There's rumors of tq limits in low gears but honestly 1st and second go by so quick and have low load so i wouldn't be surprised to see lower boost there and not sure more would even do much on a rwd car but would on awd.

Interestingly, piggybacks bypass torque limits because the ecu is fooled into thinking it has lower boost and torque than even stock so looking at my logs yeah youll get lower boost in 1-2 due to very low load in those gears but by third you get more...

1081 - 1100 of 1124 Posts