Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1061 - 1080 of 1124 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
710 Posts
Yea I saw that earlier today. I am amazed at the power they are getting out of that 2.0 Turbo.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Probably Corsa Tires on the QV.
The 1500 kg weight figure is a joke - it's probably heavier than the A45.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Being RWD only and no launch control a stock Giulia QV struggles doing good 0-60 and 1/4 mile.
Even slower than the heavier 2.0 AMG 45s with less power. That AWD 45s is gone..
car wow hated Alfa. Mclaren and Porsche taycan. So I wouldn’t judge any drag races that are ran in comfort mode. Now awd should always launch better than RWD.

edit. Add in wet track. Carwow always races in wet tracks. Impossible to get results

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
New fastest 2.0L time 4.17 (4.00 1’ roll out)

View attachment 107825

Also a 4.30 (4.11 1’ roll out) with a positive 2.81% incline.
View attachment 107826
Got another 4.00 1’ roll out with a 4.23 0-60 time.
View attachment 107829
that 0-30 time is very impressive. Only .05 slower than me to 30. That’s neck and neck. Fastest 2.0 I’ve seen by far. Crazy your on stock turbo and just a piggyback. Wonder what that box is doing differently. I think combo of running car hard from purchase combined with TMC.

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Ti Q2, Performance Pack
2,367 Posts
that 0-30 time is very impressive. Only .05 slower than me to 30. That’s neck and neck. Fastest 2.0 I’ve seen by far. Crazy your on stock turbo and just a piggyback. Wonder what that box is doing differently. I think combo of running car hard from purchase combined with TMC.
AWD vs RWD. He has the quickest 2.0l to 30mph but not the fastest (highest trap or best 40-100, or largest gain in trap from 1/8 to the 1/4 mile mark "back half"). AWD is everything to 60 unless you have drag slicks and prepped surface

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
AWD vs RWD. He has the quickest 2.0l to 30mph but not the fastest (highest trap or best 40-100, or largest gain in trap from 1/8 to the 1/4 mile mark "back half"). AWD is everything to 60 unless you have drag slicks and prepped surface
agree awd is the biggest factor but if he’s racing light to light from a dig P2 pp he’s gonna hang with a lot of cars except Tesla’s in most everyday street situations. So he can hold his head high. Now different story from a roll

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Q4
437 Posts
agree awd is the biggest factor but if he’s racing light to light from a dig P2 pp he’s gonna hang with a lot of cars except Tesla’s in most everyday street situations. So he can hold his head high. Now different story from a roll
I can confirm. I got smoked on a freeway roll by a GTR. Lol

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I can confirm. I got smoked on a freeway roll by a GTR. Lol
Most GTR are not stock so don’t worry. But a stock one benifits from awd launches and that helps it run low 11s in 1/4 but they don’t trap high. But most GTR have FBO. You could tune a GTR faster than you can get a headlight replaced on an Alfa lol.

1061 - 1080 of 1124 Posts