Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1041 - 1060 of 1124 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Q4
437 Posts
that’s fast. Looks like TMC and some 100 octane are the winner. Or you seriously have a one off car. Good runs. So close to sub 4s with rollout. You’ll get it.
I had some great DA and some dryish roads. Upping the blend to straight 95 might get me there on bone dry roads. (Waiting for the stars to align. Lol)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Which sensors does the TMC intercept?
MAP and IAT?

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
I had some great DA and some dryish roads. Upping the blend to straight 95 might get me there on bone dry roads. (Waiting for the stars to align. Lol)
i would run low on gas. Then add the 100 octane. Get a higher octane blend. The stock fuel compression most likely won’t be able to take advantage of full 100 but closer the better with the piggyback. Who knows what that’s doing. I would also try to keep the gas in a can outside to get cool if you can. I let some sit in 34 degrees and had my best 60-130 on it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
i would run low on gas. Then add the 100 octane. Get a higher octane blend. The stock fuel compression most likely won’t be able to take advantage of full 100 but closer the better with the piggyback. Who knows what that’s doing. I would also try to keep the gas in a can outside to get cool if you can. I let some sit in 34 degrees and had my best 60-130 on it.
I have my E85 can in the garage, I should get another for the 100. I’ll have to label them though. Don’t want to mix that up. It gets cold at night, so I could keep them out in the garage or my shed.

Get low on fuel and dump in the 100 to see what it can do? Good idea!

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,215 Posts
I have my E85 can in the garage, I should get another for the 100. I’ll have to label them though. Don’t want to mix that up. It gets cold at night, so I could keep them out in the garage or my shed.

GIV ER WAH!!!

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Ti Q2, Performance Pack
2,367 Posts

Does your tmc have different maps or settings? Which ones do you use? If it does have you tried the most aggressive setting. How does it do?

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,407 Posts
Not sure if this was posted previously but this is a good video showing a stock qv vs. a tuned qv.

The results may be a surprise until you factor in the tires and then it makes sense.

Reactions: Alfa Philly

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Not sure if this was posted previously but this is a good video showing a stock qv vs. a tuned qv.

The results may be a surprise until you factor in the tires and then it makes sense.

I gotta be honest I’ve never seen a worse car comparison from a worse driver lol. My goodness. I can run right now on the street in 28 degrees a 3.8-3.9 0-60 on a summer tire. The tire choices. The shifting. Start to finish I’m not a fan. He’s in 5th gear on a 0-60 run? Fortunately there’s enough educated Alfa owners to know this video is worthless info.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I gotta be honest I’ve never seen a worse car comparison from a worse driver lol. My goodness. I can run right now on the street in 28 degrees a 3.8-3.9 0-60 on a summer tire. The tire choices. The shifting. Start to finish I’m not a fan. He’s in 5th gear on a 0-60 run? Fortunately there’s enough educated Alfa owners to know this video is worthless info.
No kidding. A stock 2.0 can do 5.1 0-60. Not sure who’s driving there, but they need a new driver.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,407 Posts
Agreed but since the same guy drove both cars, it's less about the actual 0-60 and more about the difference between the tires even with a tune

Reactions: TheAlfaProductions

·
Registered
461 Posts
Being RWD only and no launch control a stock Giulia QV struggles doing good 0-60 and 1/4 mile.
Even slower than the heavier 2.0 AMG 45s with less power. That AWD 45s is gone..

1041 - 1060 of 1124 Posts