Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

681 - 700 of 739 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #682
Well I had a potentially good run on deck today, but forgot to have the volume up so I could hear the 1/4 mile call-out, and wound up lifting a bit early! Haha! Even still, I managed a 13.19sec, but only a 97mph trap; you can see where I gave up on the datasheet. DA shows 1205ft, so I reckon with a good, negative DA I can get this car to sub-13secs.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
60’ was really good. Almost to the 12s. May need to hit 103-104 mph with that same 60’. Would be first car I think I ever saw run 12s and trap so low. Launch is everything.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #687
You guys inspired me to pull the dragy out! I haven't had the opportunity to log too many runs yet... Pulled this today on my taco run.
Nice! Which mods are you running on your Q4?

Our 1ft rollout times from today were the same, but it looks like you had a quicker launch if I read the numbers right:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Jb4 map 2, and madness springs... stock otherwise. I get much better times in D Manual mode. when I’ve tried in auto, I hit the rev limiter quite a bit, unsure why that is... Regardless happy to get posted :)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Ok I am posting this here and it is blasphemous I am certain but I do not have a dragy (yet). I just used a phone GPS android app timer and tried a few runs on my stock 200hp UK spec car (230hp as it makes more than advertised) and then reinstalled the 320hp tune which I had removed for service. So rather than accuracy of measurement it is an exercise of before and after tune. Only common mods are Sprint filter and Remus axleback. I will order a Dragy once this Covid stuff is out of the way.

I repeated each run a few times and got comparable repeatable results for both before and after. About a second faster 0 to 60 after tune and about 2 seconds off the 1/4 mile.
Screenshot_20200423-213646_Car Performance Free.jpg
Screenshot_20200423-211307_Car Performance Free.jpg

Don't shoot me down if this is all "bollocks".

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Appreciate the data. Itll be cool to compare to the dragy. Thats a nice delta regardless

Mike
Do the figures and the 1/4 mile even look remotely close and how does the delta compare to others?

·
Registered
534 Posts
No. Your baseline 1/4 mile is slower than my wrangler.
He let off early on the baseline. The trap speed at the 1000' was higher than the 1/4 mile.

Orher than than yes the data passes the smell test anyways with a 320 crank horsepower car trapping 106mph assuming just "ok" DA like 1500 or so. Figure 30hp or so over a 280hp variant as they trap between 101 and 104 ish in rwd and 99 to 102 ish in awd.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Yes I did let off early on the baseline as I was not trying to check 1/4 mile at that point and there was an "obstacle" on the "track". Mine is open diff RWD with Michelin MPS4S tyres in 8.5J 10J QV sized wheels which are heavier than the standard square 18" I had previously. I got same sort of times both just mashing the throttle gradually in full auto in D mode, manual shifting and Brake boosting made the rear wheel spin and lose time on a couple of runs. Still learning 9and I also had another 30kg luggage.

I am actually surprised the app was consistently producing repeatable results.

Here is my baseline 1/4 mile from another run.
Screenshot_20200423-230929_Car Performance Free.jpg

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
106 trap speed is big improvement. I’d like to see a 2.0 run on a prepped track with a real time slip. Should see big improvement since on street some of you have 1.8 60’ times. Shouldn’t be a problem to pull a 1.7 60’ on prepped surface and that may be enough to trap At 106-107 mph and in 12s.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
As I dont have Dragy yet, any 2.0 owners willing to try their runs using the same app I used? It's free on Play store. What's to lose? Will be interesting to see how it compares to Dragy run you have done.

My runs were using Samsung S8+ phone built in GPS.

App link.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am jealous of the q4 0-10 times. It’s impossible in a QV to do what Iam seeing from some of the Q4s on here in terms of off the line launch.

Anyways. I got a decent run in. 3.4 0-60 on the street. I just put some new wider 20” Vossen wheels and 295s MPS4s on the rear. Shaved .9 seconds off the previous best. Still slow 0-10 launch compared to AWD Q4s and even worse compared to Stevios. I am convinced the QV would be sub 3.0 easy with AWD. Although I absolutely love the RWD set up in this car. It’s much more fun than an AWD car. It little scary when the back end wiggles but also thrilling. Car feels amazing on the twisting back roads, which is what this car is for

Someone should start a 1/8 mile thread since that could be done on the street without making things too hairy like 1/4 mile runs.

I am still MPP with Stradale exhaust and sprint filter. I have a JB4 that I am going to install soon for comparison and then move the car to stage 2 with some full intakes and 200 cell sport cat DPs.

2005A7C8-60BE-4D0C-8DB3-4663C749E51E.png
2005A7C8-60BE-4D0C-8DB3-4663C749E51E.png

·
Registered
41 Posts
I’ll join since I just got my dragy in today. I think I need to get a better rear tire setup as it’s slipping more than what I’m used to and should help improve the times.
I have a Ti Sport RWD here is the full list of mods.
Ragazzon Catless-downpipe pipe
Remus Race Cat-back Exhaust
Eurocomplusion V2 intake
Eurocomplusion Stage 2 tune
Eibach lowering springs
Race-mod unlocked

I got a 4.72 (1ft) roll out. This was on auto reving up to 2.3K rpm’s and releasing on my old tires I used to be able to rev up to 2.6K pre catless making me think I should change tires.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I’ll give it a go the next dry day. Should be able to use both simultaneously and I’ll post results.
Bump..have you tried it? I am still curious how this app compares as a crude test to Dragy. TIA.

681 - 700 of 739 Posts