Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

0-150mph challenge. Quad vs M3 Comp pack vs C63s

4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Simey 
#1 ·
Discussion starter · #4 ·
hey simey, great find i posted one that the guy had a grin from ear to ear. p.s how has it been with your QV did you try race mode yet. or did you get car ceramic coated yet? last time i checked car was on its way to states waiting for my father in law to get me name of ship so i can track ship.(ex- captain) for large ships in Italy has inside tract on captains there ships and cargo.
Sal, that grin is what I have on every time I drive the Quad. It's funny you ask if I've tried race mode. Thought I would work up to it. Day one I did so and now I have it on 80% of the time. The sound is just so amazing. Uses up a LOT of gas though when in automatic as the engine maintains around 4,000 revs all the time. I received my exhaust flap controller late last week and am having it installed on Wednesday. I will be able to turn on that race mode sound in any drive mode. Should pay for itself in gas savings alone lol.

Ceramic coating finished just over a week ago and looks fab. Not allowed to wash the car for two to three weeks to ensure proper curing. Pic below.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Notice how she launches the Alfa to get maximum acceleration ?*brake & accelerator simultaneously and then releases the brake. No sign of limp mode, just an aggressive start.
Maybe it's an US-only "feature"?
I read about that in some reviews. One was a British review so should work everywhere. From what I've read, the limp mode issue only seems to happen with trail braking when at speed, not from a standing start. I'm going to play around with launching when I get the chance and will report back.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Hey Simey,

"Ceramic coating finished just over a week ago and looks fab. Not allowed to wash the car for two to three weeks to ensure proper curing. Pic below."

Which product did you use? Optimum from Detail King, Carbon Flex C9 from Chemical Guys, or other? And did you do it yourself or have someone do it for you? (ballpark price??).
As for Clear Bra, I would definitely do that also - From what I have read, I dont think Ceramic coating will protect against rock chips as well as a Clear Bra.
Thanks in advance!
Hey Vailoce,

I used CeramicPro C9 and had it professionally done. I chose what they call the Silver package which has a 5 year guarantee. Cost was $1,500 plus tax. Not inexpensive but I believe a worthwhile investment. You are correct that it doesn't really protect against chips but definitely against scratches. Like the clear bra idea and will consider that too.

My next update though is having the Forza exhaust controller installed tomorrow. It will allow me to turn on race mode exhaust without actually having to go into race mode (which is what I've been doing 80% of the time).

Discussion starter · #16 ·
So I had the opportunity to try launch mode today. 5:30 am this morning on my way to my regular golf game (yes the bag does fit in the trunk if you remove the driver). On a nice straight and quiet road, stopped the car, left foot on brake, right on go pedal and in Dynamic. Pressed accelerator and held the brake against the car trying to go. Revs went to about 2,000 and of course it felt like the car really wanted to go....so I let it. Minor wheel spin and a great launch. Tried it again, same thing....launched beautifully as the turbos had already spooled up nicely.

Feels like you don't want to try and hold it for more than a second or two so a little practice is a good thing.

Anyone else had the experience? If we are going to remain true to the Q's 3.8 0-60 then we have to know how to launch, right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.