Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so don’t roast me here but I ordered a spoiler from Mopar online parts, (apparently they are only factory OEM parts supplier ?) it was advertised as OEM and showed a QV Of course as an example picture, given the price I paid of course I was assuming as I should it was a carbon fiber piece! However what I received today was a piece of gray ABS plastic and the ends aren’t even quite the right shape?? It is stamped with Alfa logos? This is quite expensive for a hunk of plastic? Needless to say I shall of course Be returning this at once! Hope I don’t experience any grief on my attempted return or I shall be reversing bank charges and or contacting the Better Business Bureau… Photos attached! 😡

·
Registered
421 Posts
They do have a plastic version (yours) to be painted in whatever colour as well as a CF version. What is deceptive is the use of the QV picture when yours was clearly not the CF one, and as far as I know all QVs have CF spoilers

·
Vendor
2,117 Posts
EDIT: This is an ABS spoiler as you have received with springs. They have wrong picture up. Most of these online shops are a disaster. Order from me or others who specialize in these parts. Even the dealer is wrong most of the time.

OEM ABS is what you paid, OEM CF is $1200+/-

Should be this picture:

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
Ok, so don’t roast me here but I ordered a spoiler from Mopar online parts, (apparently they are only factory OEM parts supplier ?) it was advertised as OEM and showed a QV Of course as an example picture, given the price I paid of course I was assuming as I should it was a carbon fiber piece! However what I received today was a piece of gray ABS plastic and the ends aren’t even quite the right shape?? It is stamped with Alfa logos? This is quite expensive for a hunk of plastic? Needless to say I shall of course Be returning this at once! Hope I don’t experience any grief on my attempted return or I shall be reversing bank charges and or contacting the Better Business Bureau… Photos attached! 😡 View attachment 99334 View attachment 99335 View attachment 99336
Yeah that's not right. I believe the OEM QV piece in CF has bolts that go through the trunk lid.

·
Registered
2018 AR Giulia Ti Sport Q2, Alfa White / Tan, Performance Package
11 Posts
"Zender". Brings back memories of the front air dam on my '77 VW Rabbit and deck lid lip spoiler on my '03 Audi C5 A6 4.2.

Thanks for the memories Alfissimo :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They do have a plastic version (yours) to be painted in whatever colour as well as a CF version. What is deceptive is the use of the QV picture when yours was clearly not the CF one, and as far as I know all QVs have CF spoilers
Thx! Gezzz=CF $$$$$

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EDIT: This is an ABS spoiler as you have received with springs. They have wrong picture up. Most of these online shops are a disaster. Order from me or others who specialize in these parts. Even the dealer is wrong most of the time.

OEM ABS is what you paid, OEM CF is $1200+/-

Should be this picture:

View attachment 99400
Thanks for that info, I may order one from you - the OEM style, my postal zip is 94549, how long would it take receive roughly?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts